Such an irony...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such an irony...

.......when the masses benefit from low oil prices...the market and the world economy runs amuck.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

So true! When the price is high, something had to be done about it! When the price is low, something has to be done about it!

Can't wait for the day when energy is personal and free. Energy companies will be no more when we generate all our needs directly from renewable sources.

Energy companies will try to prevent that but I think its inevitable.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It's just verification that shows the financial power of the few ......

HL

Comment

This is a very unusual period of adjustments for energy markets. Usually when prices fall by a significant amount , demand for energy picks up, supply falls and the markets stabilize. This time around, the supply has continued to be very high, near record levels in fact, even though the price has dropped something like 70% from its peak!

I don't think the Saudis and OPEC expected this much resistance from the newer sources of hydrocarbons. We were told that they would be unprofitable below $50 a barrel or thereabouts. Well now it is almost half that and they are still pumping!

It seems to me that either their real costs are much lower than $50 a barrel, or they are losing a ton of money while hoping the Saudis and the rest of OPEC will relent due to much lower income than their budgets account for. Places like Venezuela and Nigeria are really hurting.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          Places like Venezuela and Nigeria are really hurting.
          ...and T&T!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Anything that move upward too quickly and then shoot down back will create instability. Once it becomes a seek after commodity than it drive production and more people, then booom.

I hear some states that were looking good with the oil price the other day have big problem, some instead of saving some of the money, they gave tax cut and no reserve now. Understand that Trinidad is looking up a barrel right now.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I-ran got the green light to start pumping again. Their oil is very accessible.

So add that 'new' production on current trend....

This is getting interesting!

BTW: Russia must be soiling it's underwear

HL

Comment

I hope you have room in your house to put me and family up when we on the breadline... Paul tell mi he's selling and moving into a tiny house so ...
                Peter R

Comment

Just kidding! You know I love my Trini brothas and sistas!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yep... bout T&T!
                    Peter R

Comment

Putin came out the other day and said the US led embargo was hurting Russia. The Repugs no know who Mr. Obama is. Trick the Saudis into flooding the market, increase fracking in an under-populated state where oil is in abundance like Nebraska, release the chains pon I-ran while renewable energy business is booming. Big oil was making money hands over fist and thought it wouldn't end up to two years ago....remember Drill Baby Drill and all the noise from the Repugs. Well drill he did. Gas is $1.95 down the road.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                      X