RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yardie from UWI the new Seattle airport Managing director!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yardie from UWI the new Seattle airport Managing director!!

http://www.seattletimes.com/business...-from-houston/

I know Lance quite well. We were at UWI at the same time and took many of the same computer science classes. Stoni I am almost certain he is also a Calabar alumni.

Lance is a brilliant and very down to earth bredren. He deserves all the success he has achieved.
    Last edited by Islandman; January 7, 2016, 06:17 AM.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Very cool, funny how you find out about these kind of things. I am in a network with mostly African American transportation related execs and I heard about Lance through that connection.

Then I read through the bio and realize he's a yardman and was at Uwi and he is about my age and I can't say I know him at all, now you say he may be a Bar man then I definitely should know him. We had only a handful of Calabar boys at UWI while I was there. Great step and achievement.

Comment

He was a Bar man
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I just looked him up. I remember him now. I remember him from Calabar but not at UWI.

Comment

He would have been at UWI from about 1985-88
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yes, that makes sense now.

Comment

Very nice achievement

Comment

A very tough and important job.

"And still we rise...".

Good post!
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Another Bar man:

Faculty Spotlight: Professor John-Paul Clarke Elected as AIAA Fellow

Jan 25, 2016 | Atlanta, GA

John-Paul Clarke, a professor in Georgia Tech’s Daniel Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering with a courtesy appointment in the Stewart School of Industrial & Systems Engineering (ISyE), has been elected as a Fellow in the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA). AIAA confers the distinction of Fellow upon individuals in recognition of their notable and valuable contributions to the arts, sciences, or technology of aeronautics and astronautics.

“AIAA Honorary Fellows and Fellows represent the best of the aerospace community,” said AIAA President Jim Albaugh. “These individuals have advanced the state of the art of aerospace science and technology, making unique contributions to the profession. AIAA congratulates the members of the 2016 Class of Fellows and Honorary Fellows on their selection.”

https://www.isye.gatech.edu/news/fac...ed-aiaa-fellow
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Working...
                      X