RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So whatever happened to spousal privilege?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whatever happened to spousal privilege?

How come Mrs. Cosby is being forced to testify in the matter involving her husband? Is it fair to conclude that certain privilege is only for some people? I wonder if she should walk in as an armed protester what the reaction would be? Oh wait ... all animals are equal ... but some animals are more equal than others.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Probably because she is not testifying but been deposed

Another reason could be as Bill's business Manager not as wife. However, Gamma or a more legal minded person can do much better than I can to elucidate on this more on other aspect.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

I find it odd too, the privilege lies with spouse to testify and they are the ones who can waive it and decide to testify . That they can be compelled when they are not the victim of a crime by the other spouse is new to me

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

She is his business manager and may have paid hush money or whatever arising from these trysts.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          I find it odd too, the privilege lies with spouse to testify and they are the ones who can waive it and decide to testify . That they can be compelled when they are not the victim of a crime by the other spouse is new to me
          It is a civil defamation lawsuit and not a criminal case. Would that be the reason why the MA state court rule that there is no spousal privilege?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...in-civil-case/

The decision is on hold until an appeal is heard.
          http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/us...wife.html?_r=0
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

It may well be. I thought it was in the criminal suit.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Are they forcing Claire Huxtable to testify?

Comment

Working...
              X