X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Definitely A Diaspora Site

...not one post about the bad gas fiasco

.... as expected ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqy4cAQVzLU
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Actually I was just going to ask about it. I can't understand why those selling the bad gas can't be identified. could you give a brief update Bricky? I am being serious would love to understand.

Comment

i will try...nobody seems to know what is going on...reports started coming up about peoples cars stalling out..then car dealerships started complaining...i guess they did some investigations and shut down some stations...they then tested a rubis distribution facility in east kingston & found it to be contaminated (or with excessive levels or something)...then they opened back up the gas stations & said they don't have a clue how the bad gas got into the island & that we need to shaddap & get on with life...pretty much...oh...paulwell formed a "committee"...lol...

Comment

I thought they shut down 17 gas distributors but refused to name them. Was that not correct?

Comment

Ok sorry saw where you said that. Why can't they name them and how can they carry on without identifying how the bad gas got into the system?

Comment

well it's not the gas stations fault...they purchased the gas from the marketing company...so they didn't name them...they named the rubis distributor (they distribute to rubis, total & texaco) but that was it...rubis said they are not responsible & they are gonna sue the government for naming them...gas station owners say they are gonna sue the government for shutting down the gas stations (because they opened them back up without giving a reason)...consumers are saying they are suing cause dem engine mash up...after all the investigations paulwell seh the don't know what happened & probably never will...the end...

Comment

Wow. Unbelievable.

Comment

Fiasco?? Is this news?

Dat mash up our car in Jamaica in May 2014. Its that new outfit that took over from Shell Rubis. The repair bill was HORRENDOUS and the car was never the same since. The tow service guy told us that it was his third case of Rubis gas that day.

We even had a contact who put us on to the Rubis Mktg Manager, but nothing came out of it. Rubis blamed the tanker drivers. I would never buy from them again.

Nothing surprises me in Jamaica again. Pure samfie thing a gwaan.

Comment

They adulterate the gas in Jamaica. People need to go to prison. The cost of repairs will bankrupt people in Jamaica.

Comment

Deja vu...

I think if you do a search I ranted about this here last year.

Rubis should be out of business long ago. Where are the regulators?

Comment

Prison??? KMT. If "somebody" can tief an entire beach....tons of sand, and nobody no go a prison or anything come out of it..........Did anybody go to prison for tiefing the gallons of airplane fuel? Only in Jamaica.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Tek serious ting mek joke. LoL

Comment

Working...
                          X