Pearnel Charles - Zinc and plyboard too not just Education

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearnel Charles - Zinc and plyboard too not just Education

“When Norman Manley came with an education programme and Busta said, ‘You going to put everything in education? Education cyaa nyam; if them hungry them caa learn’. So Norman Manley had to come back and say you cannot solve the problem overnight, because if you put everything in education, a student can’t go to school because he doesn’t have any clothes, he can’t think because him no have no house and him hungry … so its zero.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-Charles_44902
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Oh wait..so there is actually a context for the statement ?!

Imagine that..

DumbOne.. over tuh you.. mi feel seh based on exam results hungry belly is rampant at JC..

Comment

When I read the article I thought, if this was really where that quote came from it puts a totally different perspective on what Busta said.

As to the article, Pearnel started out making some valid points, depressing as they are. It deteriorated rapidly after about the halfway mark.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What's the value of the CDF? A suh it name?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Around $15 million per year per constituency. Not a lot, cant do much in the way of infrastructure upgrade or repair with that.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Old timer's disease

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I don't even know what to think of Pearnel's lecture.

My first instinct is to ask why isn't he in the National Gallery, in a low security area behind a glass case? Him and the rest of the politicians from the Jurassic period?

And that's not because of his age. I have no problem with anyone contributing positively to his country or anything else, but if these guys have not made a difference yet, it ain't gonna happen again.

Youngsters like Damion need to bring down the arrogance level down to a 2 and listen to others while ensuring they are not being drawn down to some of the levels we need to escape from permanently.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I cant understand all the fascination with Damion. Mid-pack intellect at best.
                Sorry.

Comment

His appeal is much more of a style thing real substance. I really have not heard anything in the way of new ideas or innovative solutions from him.

Comment

I understand what PC is saying but I disagree sometime to change you cant serve two masters. I agree with Damion. We need to get out of the big boss hand out menatality.. I remember being in havana and a some little youth came for a dollar and I was gonna give him and the guide a sista said I am not telling you what to do but dont because if you do he will miss schoool everyday to do this and if you dont he will go to school. So when i look at it we create our own demise.. I am with Damion although he chat too much sometime. I actually think Pryce and Damion are two of the brighter guys in the PNP..

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                      I understand what PC is saying but I disagree sometime to change you cant serve two masters. I agree with Damion. We need to get out of the big boss hand out menatality.. I remember being in havana and a some little youth came for a dollar and I was gonna give him and the guide a sista said I am not telling you what to do but dont because if you do he will miss schoool everyday to do this and if you dont he will go to school. So when i look at it we create our own demise.. I am with Damion although he chat too much sometime. I actually think Pryce and Damion are two of the brighter guys in the PNP..
                      2 fish
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Think so? Price yes but Damion surprise mi. Bricky good fi know.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                          Think so? Price yes but Damion surprise mi. Bricky good fi know.
                          Ah suh mi 'ear babba. Termites 'ave Plenty o' Fish doh
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                          X