Racism in America is alive and well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism in America is alive and well

Pointing to a brief the court received before oral arguments, Scalia noted "most of the black scientists in this country don't come from schools like the University of Texas."

Garre tried to interject, but the justice continued. "They come from lesser schools where they do not feel that ... they're being pushed ahead** in classes that are too fast for them," Scalia said.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b009377b236c70
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Justice finds himself in good company,is it asking too much that the justices of the the
    Supreme Court not propagate the myth of racial inferiority?
    I wonder if he sees Thomas as a product of affirmative actions,if not then should law schools demographics reflect Thomas?

Comment

This article was linked in the comments; it seems this is what Scalia must have read, or whatever studies were done on which this article is based. It was written in 2012.
      http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...action/263122/
      Peter R

Comment

I agree with much of the article, and I have believed for a long time that Affirmative Action policies are badly in need of reform.

There should be much more emphasis on socioeconomic background than currently obtains. However like most topics with a racial slant in the US, nobody really wants to have an intelligent debate about it.

Scalia of course was using it as a reason to eliminate Affirmative Action completely. I don't agree with that but if sensible reform is routinely dismissed then it is much easier for people like him to attack the whole idea.
        Last edited by Islandman; December 10, 2015, 10:08 AM.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
        X