RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Defender to St Hilda: Restore the Headgirl now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Defender to St Hilda: Restore the Headgirl now!

I have to agree with the public defender because of this finding (#3.) If they don't feel comfortable then appoint a 2nd Headgirl to do prayers.

3. The Principal confirmed that the child had previously served in other leadership positions such as Form Captain, Student Council Representative and there was no complaint whatever of her in the performance of her duties while holding office. The principal was unclear of her involvement in the Debating Society and the 4 H Club.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...ldas-head-girl
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

St Hilda's reinstates Head Girl, as they should. I heard the school board chairman being interviewed last week and could tell he was bobbing and weaving.

It is past time to curtail the power that these churches have over public , taxpayer-funded schools. As founders they have a role to play yes, but blatant religious discrimination should not be tolerated.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...ates-head-girl
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      St Hilda's reinstates Head Girl, as they should. I heard the school board chairman being interviewed last week and could tell he was bobbing and weaving.

It is past time to curtail the power that these churches have over public , taxpayer-funded schools. As founders they have a role to play yes, but blatant religious discrimination should not be tolerated.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...ates-head-girl
      So true! We can start by stop calling ourselves a Christian country.

What happened with the St. Hilda's head girl should never have happened. Some Jamaicans still look down on Witnesses as lesser human beings, even tho Michael Jackson and Serena are/were proud members. We need to stop that. SDA's used to get similar treatment from what I have seen. Not understanding or agreeing with something is not reason to discriminate against it.

Jamaica discriminates against lots of people for fun. Rastas, of course, are the ones we victimise the most.

I remember back when I was in 6th form, Munro employed a Math teach who was a Rasta, with nuff locks under his tam. None of us could believe it. I can imagine a lot of people had a problem with it.

Turned out he was a model teacher, teaching masterfully, returning papers timely and dressing impeccably. Proud JC old boy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

St Hilda opened a can of worms,the behaviour is more widespread among catholic high schools for girls than people are aware,and it is a loooong standing tradition.

Comment

Do you know anything about the JW and Their policies?

Please go read Ian Boyne's Gleaner article this view for a very balanced view.

Comment

Ian Boyne?!? Better you direct mi somewhere else fi find out bout dem.

Anyway, what about them and their policies that we need to worry about?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is good to see an institution do the right thing instead of doubling down on a bad decision

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Ian Boyne?!? Better you direct mi somewhere else fi find out bout dem.

Anyway, what about them and their policies that we need to worry about?

Witnesses are not supposed to occupy leadership positions. However, the girl made it very clear that she is not a Jehovah Witness.
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

And they not suppose to observe any flag or national anthem. But Serena clearly does.

That could not be a reason to not give her the position. It should be hers to turn down.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    It is good to see an institution do the right thing instead of doubling down on a bad decision
                    Really? Read this, the Principal tried! It is board that made the call to do the right thing.

5. The Principal in responding to whether there could be a resolution of the matter with the child being re-appointed offered that her conduct had become a matter of concern. According to the Principal she had become disrespectful.

6. The Chairman appreciated that this alleged disrespectful behaviour was a direct response by the child to a dreadfully humiliating situation which had suddenly befell her: a situation over which she had no control nor had she contributed in anyway whatsoever to it.

7. No commitment was given by the Principal, instead she informed that a decision was already taken by herself and the teachers to promote the deputy to the post of head girl.

Comment

I read it and what? The principal doubled down but in the end the institution is run by the board ... Not sure of your point

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        I read it and what? The principal doubled down but in the end the institution is run by the board ... Not sure of your point
                        ok, I concede.

Comment

Working...
                        X