Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP orginal Madoo

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/enter...-dead_19233230
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

RIP. I remember him well, went to high school with one of his brothers.

Original dancehall artiste. He was a singjay before they invented the word.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxq4twxExOY

my favorite
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So true about being a singjay. He may not have been the first tho.

I absolutely loved Madoo's style. I know an elder DJ in New York who probably had every Madoo song. And he would give you the history behind most of them.

Madoo has a whole set of slack songs, some he did with the other legend, General Echo.

I didn't realise he was barely older than me when he was singing those hits. I guess he gave it up altogether because I can't recall seeing his name on a flyer alongside the other legends like Brigadier Jerry, John Holt, Michigan and the rest.

I need to have a drink in his honour while listening to his music later.

May he RIP.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True dat bout di singjay. RIP

Comment

Yes he has some "classic" slack songs. LOL
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Echo Tone and Echo Vibration use to run the cut.

General echo was an entertainer. His delivery is still amongst the best I have seen from DJ. He is on point on Riddim and you hear ever word, pause, and break. Madoo was the ultimate compliment to him.

Just a listen some a them combination now and it WICKED.

Comment

Working...
              X