Dudus or Lotto Scamming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dudus or Lotto Scamming...

which has brought more disrepute to the island of Jamaica?

Both are despicable but as far as bringing disrepute to Jamaica it's not even close. The former President wins Shower down.

Comment

ask an american about dudus or about the jamaican lotto scam...wonder which one they would be familiar with?

Comment

Americans and people from Canada to Africa are familiar with dudus because of the raid and the accompanying publicity. Can't say the same about the Lottery scam.

Comment

that is rubbish comrade...

Comment

Wow what a choice. That's like asking a mother which one of her two dying children she give her heart to.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The only difference is she can keep her HEART. LOL!!!
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I don't agree Rudi. Dudus was a one time event, lotto scam is ongoing and getting more and more attention recently. We are now seen as a mini-Nigeria where scamming is concerned

Don't know if you saw this CNN report from last week:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/07/us/jam...-scam-suicide/
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Sorry to disagree greenman. on hearing that I was Jamaican I have been questioned about Dudus on three continents. Never about the Lotto scam. Unless this has changed recently but I doubt it. We forget that Dudus was built up as an international drug lord with Robin Hood tendencies. You may not know it but that story traveled around the globe. What surprised me was the amount of people who thought America should have left him alone. What it did was tun-up our banana/narco republic status internationally.

Comment

nice little anectodal story...too bad it's rubbish

Comment

just ask any police station or news center in most state about 876 numbers and see what is the first response.

None of this is good and I will not pick but the lotto scam is only getting worst and it is not only Jamaica. As I tried to tell my so call educated friend the other day how is it affecting the ICT business in Mobay and him say them take care of that already, only to see the American Ambassador saying it is affecting investment a bay.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

All I know is, in a remote township in South Africa, I was asked about the Dudus fiasco in Jamaica. They never bothered to ask me about the scamming.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

oh no...you mean the millions of south african tourists that flock to jamaica are now going to vacation elsewhere? yuh not too bright are you?

Comment

shower posse is an ongoing thing since the 70's. they may not have known DUDUS by name but they are familiar with his organisation without a doubt.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well, If the 200 pound gorilla of scamming already resides on your continent, I somehow doubt you would be impressed by the new kid on the scamming block. Nor do I think the scammers see rural South Africa as a rich target area that is worth their time.

On the other hand, if you are a North American copmpany thinking about moving your business call center offshore , perhaps you would think twice about putting it in a city that has only excelled at call centers that scam old Alzheimer's patients living in the Midwest?
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X