Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting. Jamaica snubs prisoner transfer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3n8XFmzNG
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

That was in April 2014.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

yes, I know but it shows that they have been trying for a while to get a deal.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i doubt that Cameron would have come all of this way UNLESS it was au fait complit ... and I noticed lammy and the minister was doing the ronds last night trying to sell it.

selling it AFTER the fact. it looks and sounds soooo sinister.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuhseeit!

Comment

This idea has been around for over 10 years....maybe even 15.

From a 2003 article...

The pressure is now so great that British private companies have been invited to tender to build a jail in Jamaica so that the mules currently imprisoned in this country could be transferred back to the Caribbean.
            According to senior officials, the project is being pursued by the Jamaican authorities but there is speculation that the British government would consider underwriting it.
            http://www.audreygillan.com/?p=2786
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Why would we pursue such a thing?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Who knows, perhaps an opportunity to move the prison and sell the waterfront land to your cronies for a kickback?

Unlike many people I don't think our politicians are stupid. There is usually a logical reason for what looks like the dumbest of decisions.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

unfortunately we tend to look for the logical reason having something to do with the best interest of the populace ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

zackly!

Paulwell must have his fish head!

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      Who knows, perhaps an opportunity to move the prison and sell the waterfront land to your cronies for a kickback?

Unlike many people I don't think our politicians are stupid. There is usually a logical reason for what looks like the dumbest of decisions.
                      Yep. Follow the money.

Comment

Working...
                      X