It is a sad state when a cabinet member a complain like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a sad state when a cabinet member a complain like this

MP takes state agencies to task for poor responsivenessMember of Parliament for South East St. Andrew, Maxine Henry-Wilson.Member of Parliament for South East St. Andrew, Maxine Henry-Wilson, is taking state agencies to task for what she describes as their poor track record in responding to the needs of citizens.

In an with RJR News, Mrs. Henry-Wilson said her job as a Member of Parliament is sometimes made more difficult because of the inefficiencies of several .

She acknowledged that several agencies are facing both financial and organizational constraints.

However Mrs. Henry-Wilson charged that more can be done to give citizens a sense that their concerns are being addressed.

“I think that our state agencies are weak, their level of responsiveness has been undermined by resource considerations. Just to respond even to a letter when you send it to them you have to keep calling, calling so I think we need to get a bureaucracy who understands that they are there to serve the communities and how you get them just to respond,” said Mrs. Henry-Wilson.

“I try to impress upon my staff here that every time somebody writes they need to respond to it even if it is to say ‘I have received your letter and I am doing something about it’. Don’t take it and put it in File 13 or when the person calls pretend that they are such a great burden because that’s why you’re here to respond to the public,” she said.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    MP takes state agencies to task for poor responsivenessMember of Parliament for South East St. Andrew, Maxine Henry-Wilson.Member of Parliament for South East St. Andrew, Maxine Henry-Wilson, is taking state agencies to task for what she describes as their poor track record in responding to the needs of citizens.

In an with RJR News, Mrs. Henry-Wilson said her job as a Member of Parliament is sometimes made more difficult because of the inefficiencies of several .

She acknowledged that several agencies are facing both financial and organizational constraints.

However Mrs. Henry-Wilson charged that more can be done to give citizens a sense that their concerns are being addressed.

“I think that our state agencies are weak, their level of responsiveness has been undermined by resource considerations. Just to respond even to a letter when you send it to them you have to keep calling, calling so I think we need to get a bureaucracy who understands that they are there to serve the communities and how you get them just to respond,” said Mrs. Henry-Wilson.

“I try to impress upon my staff here that every time somebody writes they need to respond to it even if it is to say ‘I have received your letter and I am doing something about it’. Don’t take it and put it in File 13 or when the person calls pretend that they are such a great burden because that’s why you’re here to respond to the public,” she said.
    The End is near.... last gasp attempts to excuse their 18 year failure...

What do you expect when you create and substain a bloated innefficient civil service for political expediency ????

Under di Jail wi ah sen some a dem...

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
      The End is near.... last gasp attempts to excuse their 18 year failure...

What do you expect when you create and substain a bloated innefficient civil service for political expediency ????

Under di Jail wi ah sen some a dem...
      Apparently yuh figet this is Jamaica? Yuh tink a Karl and Jawge alone suffer from BWS?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
      X