Historian et al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historian et al

Has anyone made a post about this group called Vocal Sampling before? I just came across this and though, their music IMO, mainly covers, isn't earth shattering...it is fascinating that they are a strictly vocal group. Very entertaining. The "guitar" solo on Hotel California is excellent!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xj1ncF5hSY
    Peter R

Amazing!

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    Has anyone made a post about this group called Vocal Sampling before? I just came across this and though, their music IMO, mainly covers, isn't earth shattering...it is fascinating that they are a strictly vocal group. Very entertaining. The "guitar" solo on Hotel California is excellent!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xj1ncF5hSY
    This is a really interesting a capella group! I had not heard of them before reading your post a few minutes ago.

Bobby McFerrin employed a successful, creative instrumental technique using his voice on his hit, “Don’t Worry, Be Happy.”

Now, these guys have taken it up another notch with their lead guitar parts! Trust me, Peter, the two vocal “guitar players” memorized and reproduced with 100 percent accuracy the twin lead guitar parts played by the Eagles’ lead guitarists Joe Walsh and Don Felder! I used to spend countless hours learning and perfecting this solo, and so I know every single note and nuance!

The two guitarists in this a capella group have reproduced each note with uncanny accuracy!! Add to that the fact that they can sing makes the entire product very interesting.

By the way, I strongly suspect that the “guitar vocalists” used auto-tune, but what I cannot figure out is what else they used to get the effects.

Really great performance!!

Comment

love it. Good post
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

...what? chack & feel dun now....?
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Besides Bobby Mcferrin, certain parts of their rendition had Al Jarreau come to mind. In fact that's the only singer whose style I could think of who they replicated (or reminded me of). I'll go listen to some McFerrin now.
          Peter R

Comment

Yes, now you can go "track and feel"... if yuh get thru!
            Peter R

Comment

Yup, ready up yuhself fi start tek some blows from me next door. New season plus CL. Enjoy your likkle time at the to, it will soon become a distant memory.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

See another one here: Probably even better chu a Bob dem a sing.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80gwh6La8J0
                Peter R

Comment

That should be "check an' feel" ...
                  Peter R

Comment

oh that was them!! I saw this one some months ago.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Good Point

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                      Besides Bobby Mcferrin, certain parts of their rendition had Al Jarreau come to mind. In fact that's the only singer whose style I could think of who they replicated (or reminded me of). I'll go listen to some McFerrin now.
                      You are correct, Peter, Al Jarreau mastered the art of using his voice as an instrument, but with a band behind him. But Jarreau set a very good standard. The only difference with Bobby McFerrin is that Bobby used his voice to play virtually ALL the instruments on “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” (using overdubs, of course).

By the way, my all-time favorite a capella group is the famous Take 6 (an American group born in the Adventist Church, but which also achieved huge mainstream success).

I noticed you posted another video below, and I will watch it later as soon as I return home (or I may end up having to watch it sometime tomorrow).

Comment

Working...
                      X