Taiwan shifts education to creativity & advanced STEM apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taiwan shifts education to creativity & advanced STEM apps

An example of how some are destined to lead....others to be perpetually behind. The real killer is...they don't even know they're behind. Too busy yappin about some nonsense or the other I guess

Creative demand: Taiwan says radical school reform will set it apart
    The island nation is ready to abandon rote memorization in favor of innovation and creative expression throughout its education system by 2018.
    Christian Science Monitor By Ralph Jennings

Taiwan plans a radical reform of its education system, one aiming to set it apart in East Asia by playing up creativity and student initiative instead of the rote memorization that dominates classroom learning in this part of the world.

The approach aims to encourage students to innovate and improvise, and to be more expressive and think more broadly about the world. The current traditional Chinese curriculum here, a carryover from China's dynastic period, is built around testing student memory.

“Our students need to be more creative,” says Ma Hsiang-ping, executive secretary with the education ministry’s Office of Higher Education, Innovation, and Transformation. “Things aren’t the same now as 20 years ago.”

Creativity to promote IT start ups

At the same time, Taiwan’s university admission criteria will begin to emphasize candidate interviews and students experience outside school, in addition to the entrance exams used now
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

The world is suffereing from overcapacity...so ingenuity is needed to survive for the next decade.

They are clever, as they want to be among the survivors of the coming shakeout.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      The world is suffereing from overcapacity...so ingenuity is needed to survive for the next decade.

They are clever, as they want to be among the survivors of the coming shakeout.
      Absolutely. JA ah ramp...JA peeps juss waan deal wid wid some defunct 20th century education moggle anna try big up dat folly.

Wi peeps backward bad puppa

I guess we need to START being clever and ingenious by jumpin' on dat STEM apps bandwagon...
      Or hey..we might just double down on attracting & serving more fat tourists as the PRIMARY economic solution

Fortunately wi team might have a likkle more contribution fi mek to dat pesky likkle innovation problem. Fi publik release...shortly...

Dats ongly if Jah Guide & Protect wi from Babylon traps doh
      Last edited by Don1; August 24, 2015, 11:04 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

and they want to carve out something for themselves while putting pressure on China. I think currently you cannot have diplomatic relations with china AND Taiwan.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

One of the Caribbean islands found that out the hard way recently.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

grenada I think

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

So how are things going with your program?

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                So how are things going with your program?
                Our STEM programs are maturing and expanding..thanks

The task we're about now is how best to migrate some of these programs to other schools....nationwide

So far our attempts @ migration have been unsuccessful. Jamaicans appear very myopic & very uncomfortable with thinking outside whatever little box they're in.

We see this problem in football as well

Plus it seems Jamaicans prefer to spend their money & time on entertainment....and assorted Babylon trinkets of no practical value

The problem appears to require a RADICAL solution...

Stand by for Radical Don
                Last edited by Don1; August 25, 2015, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Hey you ever think of looking at the country schools in the east who have pretty good math programs like Morant bay high, Annotto bay and Titchfield etc, I bet you may find some good interest in those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                    Hey you ever think of looking at the country schools in the east who have pretty good math programs like Morant bay high, Annotto bay and Titchfield etc, I bet you may find some good interest in those areas.
                    Den nuh muss...country nuh part ah wi country?

I'man ave MBHS lock ...Not sure wi have any good route to Titchfield or Annotto Bay doh

Manchester High, Cornwall, Knox and others get touch by Digital Yard/Kimroy Bailey Robotics...all part of the same movement with the same roots

The issue is sustainability...that's the nut we're trying to crack at the moment..

Stand by

Comment

Working...
                    X