The faces of Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Mosiah mi granny had water in 1989. The fact is things have gone broken and not replaced and as more people move in it make it worst.

We had decent, not great infrastructure in 1989, and instead of making it better we gone back to prehistoric ages. No hospital, no water, No firebrigade, police a beg ride, no roads, no developement and no government support.
    Yuh ungrateful...

What about cyar, cellphone and gyal.. yuh figget bout dat ???

Comment

At least there is hope for me.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
        There are professionals that can assist you with your problem..

"Until the color of a mans skin...."

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.. if was all bout color 'Black Man Time' would have worked....
        Mi nevah seh what kind of professionals... could be Dr. Kevorkian..

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          A whey unuh come from? Who been in power fi the last 18 years? Who took over a growing economy and focked it up? Which party these people continue voting for? Man and man grow as comrade and fraid fi call spade a spade. When the JLP fock up people nuh cut corners in scolding them, suh why unuh affi blame the opposition when the gov't fock up?

Jangle, yuh need fi keep it real and stop sounding like Mosiah! How often this constituency been going to the same mechanic? Dem need fi vote JLP, mi know the thought much less saying it is blasphemous to some ... if a JLP gov't nuh deal wid the problems ... then yuh can come with such a talk.
          Lazie, yuh notice seh me try and stay far from Jamaican poltriks. Me barely even come onto this page. The truth is that me still love Jamaica bad bad and me waan see de best for her.I am trying to be as objective as possible, but being on this side of the ocean for a while now, and reading about the current state of the country, it is logical that the voters remove the PNP from government. Now just so that you know, I have voted for both parties at different elections in the past. At the time, I could have been described as a YUPPIE (not puppy BenJ), and I voted on issues. It turned out that I was naive and delusional like the rest as both parties failed to deliver on their promises. Back then I followed the politics with interest and felt that I needed to execute my constitutional rights to vote. The questions now are, should the people vote against the PNP and put in the JLP because of their years of suffering and they are just tired, or should they vote for the JLP because they think the JLP will be implementing new policies and ideas that will move the country forward? Should they hold the PNP accountable for the country's lack of "real" progress and vote them out? If the JLP is returned to power will they be held accountable for their failed promises? How do you enforce accountability? Jamaican leaders are not FORCED to account for their wrongs, and that's a damn shame. For me, I see the elections as a waste of time right now. Should the JLP be placed in power because they are coming with new ideas and better management skills or because people are just tired of the PNP being in power? My heart goes out to those who are not fortunate enough to migrate to experience a better way of life. Prior to me migrating I felt hopeless. I was college educated, middle management in a top bank (both my wife and I), 2 houses, 2 cars and I felt overwhelmed.

The solution that I see for Jamaica is not with voting but maybe to take away some of those same rights and freedom from the people. I think that both parties don't make one. Jamaica needs a strong leader. One of good character who puts Jamaica first. Someone who is not afraid to enforce discipline amongst his ministers, his constituency and his country. Jamaica needs to reimpliment the discipline back into the soceity and revisit some of its traditions. Simple things that we were known for. The economists and the intellects may scoff at my suggestions, but believe me when I tell you that the way you carry yourself and how other people percieve you, go a long way towards you being successful. The moment our leaders are held accountable for the wrongs and failures, then you'll see a better Jamaica.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

"Prior to me migrating I felt hopeless. I was college educated, middle management in a top bank (both my wife and I), 2 houses, 2 cars and I felt overwhelmed." - what was so hopeless about that? What was missing?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              Lazie, yuh notice seh me try and stay far from Jamaican poltriks. Me barely even come onto this page. The truth is that me still love Jamaica bad bad and me waan see de best for her.I am trying to be as objective as possible, but being on this side of the ocean for a while now, and reading about the current state of the country, it is logical that the voters remove the PNP from government. Now just so that you know, I have voted for both parties at different elections in the past. At the time, I could have been described as a YUPPIE (not puppy BenJ), and I voted on issues. It turned out that I was naive and delusional like the rest as both parties failed to deliver on their promises. Back then I followed the politics with interest and felt that I needed to execute my constitutional rights to vote. The questions now are, should the people vote against the PNP and put in the JLP because of their years of suffering and they are just tired, or should they vote for the JLP because they think the JLP will be implementing new policies and ideas that will move the country forward? Should they hold the PNP accountable for the country's lack of "real" progress and vote them out? If the JLP is returned to power will they be held accountable for their failed promises? How do you enforce accountability? Jamaican leaders are not FORCED to account for their wrongs, and that's a damn shame. For me, I see the elections as a waste of time right now. Should the JLP be placed in power because they are coming with new ideas and better management skills or because people are just tired of the PNP being in power? My heart goes out to those who are not fortunate enough to migrate to experience a better way of life. Prior to me migrating I felt hopeless. I was college educated, middle management in a top bank (both my wife and I), 2 houses, 2 cars and I felt overwhelmed.

The solution that I see for Jamaica is not with voting but maybe to take away some of those same rights and freedom from the people. I think that both parties don't make one. Jamaica needs a strong leader. One of good character who puts Jamaica first. Someone who is not afraid to enforce discipline amongst his ministers, his constituency and his country. Jamaica needs to reimpliment the discipline back into the soceity and revisit some of its traditions. Simple things that we were known for. The economists and the intellects may scoff at my suggestions, but believe me when I tell you that the way you carry yourself and how other people percieve you, go a long way towards you being successful. The moment our leaders are held accountable for the wrongs and failures, then you'll see a better Jamaica.
              Suh tuh hold dem accountable is not to vote? When it comes to holding the JLP accountable, we ALLLL have dat pon lock. These clowns in office for 18 years, why unuh (generally) fraid fi judge their performance?

The 8 years the JLP was in office, alot of us felt they could have done better, but face facts and understand that what was achieved in 8 years is yet to be equalled by a gov't of 18 years. Not voting isn't the answer. Returning the PNP to power isn't the answer. Mek Scaly define the term insanity fi yuh. Vote JLP ... if after 1 term in office there is no indication of a turn around, then ... well ... unuh already know wha fi duh.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Wow,

Its the JLP vs the NDM!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The boycott thing is a joke.

It only takes 1 vote for a decision!

Comment

the Portland people them say a two labourite a run.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      the Portland people them say a two labourite a run.

Like in St. Ann.

Seaga Lab. vs Bruce NDM.

Vaz was NDM, memba?

If I had the choice, it would be Fakourie and Dabdoub. Mo knows why. LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        So yuh telling us that over the years the only thing that unnu had was some decent roads? What about water and other "luxuries"?

Unnu have cell phone now?
                        You know something Mo - when I left Portland some 25 years ago, there was running water in the homes in the town of Port Antonio - now everywhere you go in Port Antonio everyone has to have a TANK And that's a parish where rain nuh stop fall and flood the place!!
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

If I still had a vote there, I would not vote. What's the point? Can someone tell me in clear terms what is the JLP's proposals? I would ask for the PNP's too but they don't need to put forward any. They are already doing a horrible job. The onus is on the JLP to prove to the voting public why they should be returned to power.

Sheeeet, there I go again being naive and delusional.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                            If I still had a vote there, I would not vote. What's the point? Can someone tell me in clear terms what is the JLP's proposals? I would ask for the PNP's too but they don't need to put forward any. They are already doing a horrible job. The onus is on the JLP to prove to the voting public why they should be returned to power.

Sheeeet, there I go again being naive and delusional.
                            JLP proposals? Where should I start? Ok ... click here to be enlightened. http://jamaicalabourparty.com/about/...02007-2008.pdf
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I have an idea why. I think Vaz is going to win because he has taken up the issues and on the radio every oppurtunity he gets and most of these people feel that they are given no attention by the politicians or the media. Daboub was just recently installed and only Portiaitis can save him. Plus Jigs Ennis the current MP did a poor job for the last 4 years.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Let me give you reason to vote against the PNP.

IDB cut back loans to Ja
                                Bearn Sterns recommending not buying Ja bonds
                                The dollar is set to slide again
                                the lack of economic growth under the PNP
                                let us see if what really has the PNP has achieved in terms of economic growth.

You have to try till you get one good leader. Look at Ireland, Argentina, Domincan Rep. etc and others who were in the same boat as us. It only take one good leader and some vision.

Comment

Working...
                                X