Russell Haythorn
    10:51 PM, Aug 18, 2015
    4:35 AM, Aug 19, 2015
    marijuana | marijuana business

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ly-100-percent

Colorado Marijuana Tax Revenue Nearly Doubles in One Year
    Justin Worland @justinworland 1:25 PM ET
    Marijuana tax revenue supports Colorado public schools

It’s been a year and a half since the legalization of marijuana went into effect in Colorado. Business for purveyors of marijuana was good from the beginning, but has soared in the past year, according to data collected by the Colorado Department of Revenue.

http://time.com/4003262/colorado-pot-revenue/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Apparently they thought it through Lazie & Misstorian.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Duh!!....of course they did!!!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

You really strike me as shallow with not much to say about anything,if i could chose a word it would be pompus.

Anyway i estimate 65 % saved on criminalization cost .

On the expenses side of the ledger, a 2010 Harvard study estimated that Colorado was spending an estimated $145 million every year enforcing its marijuana laws and that legalization would save the state a large portion of those costs.
        However, that assumption is difficult to prove.
        The state cannot easily track law enforcement spending since “municipalities and other local entities do the lion's share of law enforcement legwork and we don't exercise any control over their budgets,” McKinley said.
        There have been no unusual budget increases or decreases for the statewide departments of public safety, public health and environment or corrections since legalization. For example, the department of corrections increased its budget by more than $70 million since 2013, but the bump in spending isn't unusual and is "reflective of general increases in operational costs," like cost of living, said Adrienne Jacobson, public information officer for the Colorado Department of Corrections. "Any budget increases are in no way related to the legalization of marijuana."
        And while the state doesn't have access to local budgets, officials assume that with pot seizures down the related county expenses have also declined. “In 2012, there were 12,471 marijuana seizures reported by local law enforcement agencies to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation,” said McKinley. “In 2013, there were 5,828 seizures. Through Dec. 2, 2014, there were 4,387 seizures

Read more at http://national.deseretnews.com/arti...oJeCxDC497b.99

Jamaica has done well in saving that estimated cost,hopoefully it goes into education.

Comment

Weren't you making a parallel between Jamaica and Colorado......?

The fact that you were calling out Historian (because of the piece he posted earlier) as well as Lazie, is quite evident. Now you are off on a different plain.

HL

Comment

I dont think you have the capacity to follow besides promoting your self worth and your paradigm of Booker T and Tuskegee,Driva ! progressive discussions on social issues are not in your sphere.

Anyway ,human rights org in Jamaica having a perceptive eye should be focusing on a year post decriminalization

* The number of citizen lives saved from criminalization
            * The financial savings in the criminal and penal system
            * How that savings was spent
            * How has policing changed
            * Police interaction with garrisons and citizens perception.

I would not be surprised if 60 - 90 % of expense was saved and of course wasted on some scheme or payment on the debt.Knowing our history education and social service is the last thing on these idiots minds.

What people ignore is that criminalization has a residual effect on society,the process is only the begining andit can last a life time of damaging society,unemployable youths and worse yet spewing out hardened criminals by incarcerating peoople for petty infractioins, any idiot that advocates this for a stick of weed ,needs to be locked up better yet institutionalised in bellvue.

Comment

You can really trace......

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                Duh!!....of course they did!!!!
                Thank you HL!!
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Don't Worry, HL

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  Weren't you making a parallel between Jamaica and Colorado......?

The fact that you were calling out Historian (because of the piece he posted earlier) as well as Lazie, is quite evident. Now you are off on a different plain.
                  HL, boss, don’t worry about those many, many, many posts by X. I no longer ever read anything whatsoever that he posts, and so I am commenting because I read yours just now.

I am 1,000 percent (the extra digit is not a typo) that places like Colorado will, in time, heavily regret their stupid decision!!! I am completely certain of this! As I have repeatedly stated, I spent my early years in Jamaica, and I witnessed first-hand the awesome effects of marijuana on some individuals. But let X and his vocally supporting and utterly silent chorus on this site continue! I know that these apologists and fence-sitters will one day, in the future, recall these exchanges!

In other words, watch the results of the ride in a few years time! May God help us all in our seemingly liberal but ultimately idiotic policies!!!

Comment

Vocally supporting and utterly silent ..... Inneresting....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Comment

Had to say it 3 times ....

Comment

Wonderful Post

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            It’s my fault that you were apparently unable to fully understand this statement. In fact, it really sounds like a paradox or, if you prefer, an oxymoron.

But I take full responsibility for this sentence, as I should probably have made a statement such as, “as well as” instead of the conjunction “and”! That’s all the change that is necessary.

Now, would you like me to start an English 101 on the posts here? I can easily do so, and trust me, most posters would not take this lightly! But, I would ensure to clearly state at the bottom, on each occasion, that Gamma is my motivation for the emphasis on correct grammar and punctuation.

By the way, I rarely ever read your posts, But I’m thinking of examining EACH post you make from now on and making any necessary grammar and punctuation input.

Comment

A perfect example of a so called academic telling a duppy story,for the feel good effect that they percieve they have frightened someone.

I do read as many post as possible out of sheer amusement and of course my query for substance.

Vocally supporting and......lol

Comment

Working...
                              X