DonUno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DonUno

I responded to a JC post a while back referencing a sports master... His name just came to me; Mr. Elcock, we used to call him "Elbirdy"... he was English, very fit, used to run us through Hope gardens regular and have man a jump drain etc., some boys had to climb down into the drains and scramble up the other side (not many), and then he would examine our feet for athlete's foot... one thing he did for my first form class, was ensure everybody could swim by the end of that year...

Rumour had it (he was around from the boarding school years I believe) that he swung on the "other" side... he lived at the school in the block at the back to the right of the Assembly Hall. I don't think he stayed on after my second form year (69-70) but just don't remember.

Those were the Middleton years.

Was it you who linked this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x5PbsF_5ZM
    Peter R

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    I responded to a JC post a while back referencing a sports master... His name just came to me; Mr. Elcock, we used to call him "Elbirdy"... he was English, very fit, used to run us through Hope gardens regular and have man a jump drain etc., some boys had to climb down into the drains and scramble up the other side (not many), and then he would examine our feet for athlete's foot... one thing he did for my first form class, was ensure everybody could swim by the end of that year...

Rumour had it (he was around from the boarding school years I believe) that he swung on the "other" side... he lived at the school in the block at the back to the right of the Assembly Hall. I don't think he stayed on after my second form year (69-70) but just don't remember.

Those were the Middleton years.

Was it you who linked this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x5PbsF_5ZM
    Heard elders speak of Elbirdy with derision. He was operating before my era...I was in the Ruel Taylor/Jimmy Carnegie years

The English guy who did PE in my early years was named Collingwood...seemed to be a fit half-idiot Then again the English generally sent their trash to the colonies But wi id ave one blonde English art teacha name Miss Lovell...gyal did phat & sexy nuh ****!!! Wi neva miss art class atall

So Elbirdy was a Fish??? Mussi was one Parrot
    Last edited by Don1; July 31, 2015, 01:20 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I had the same art teacher in second or third form! I always hated art until she came along; of course it wasn't art for art's sake. She used to explore the island regularly, go to all the spots that to many of us were just as far away as Australia... she actually educated many of us about "exotic' places in JA.

Of course Mr. Taylor took over after Mr. Middleton; he, Mr. T., was also my 5th form chemistry teacher... he made the subject as exciting, as the cliche goes, as watching paint dry...
      Peter R

Comment

Yea Miss Lovell did create quite a commotion mongst yute an yute back inna di day
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
        X