PR...Pepper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR...Pepper

So we have spoken about pepper before. We have talked about scotchbonnet and other cultivars that are VERY HOT!!

Few months ago, I heard about a breed called "ghost-pepper". I bought a seedling at my local greenhouse...took it home and plant it.

My ghost pepper plant is now in production.

Naturally, i have to try it. PR, this variety of pepper should be made illegal. The government should eradicate it like ganga !!!!

Hot is an understatement? RadioActive would be a better term:
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

HL, Here is another that should be outlawed... found right here in T&T. I don't play with this one. It is hotter than a Scotch Bonnet. If you like heat, this is it... but Scotch Bonnet still is flavourful to cook with.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinid...Butch_T_pepper
    Peter R

Comment

Uses[edit]

The bhut jolokia (ভূত-জলকীয়া)

Bhut jolokia is used as a food and a spice, as well as a remedy to summer heat.[2] It is used in both fresh and dried forms, to not only "heat up" curries, pickles and chutneys, but also to impart two distinct flavors to them. It is popularly used in combination with pork or dried or fermented fish. In northeastern India, the peppers are smeared on fences or incorporated in smoke bombs as a safety precaution to keep wild elephants at a distance.[17][18] The pepper's intense heat makes it a fixture in competitive chili pepper eating.[19]

Defence product !!!!!!???[edit]

Main article: Chili grenade

In 2009, scientists at India's Defence Research and Development Organisation announced plans to use the peppers in hand grenades, as a nonlethal way to flush out terrorists from their hideouts and to control rioters. It will also be developed into pepper spray as a self-defence and antirape product.

R. B. Srivastava, the director of the Life Sciences Department at the New Delhi headquarters of India's Defence Research and Development Organisation (who also led a defense research laboratory in Assam), said bhut jolokia-based aerosol sprays could be used as a "safety device", and "civil variants" of chili grenades could be used to control and disperse mobs.[29]
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I have no doubt that these peppers could be very debilitating! Just fry up some Scotch Bonnet and you will see...
        Peter R

Comment

Working...
        X