PM puts water on PNP priority list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    How many people all over the island still carrying water on their heads? So what happened during the earlier years? JLP and PNP? ...and, before this 18 year run, how many of the preceeding years were the JLP in power? More than 18 years? Could they then have had the entire island with great water supply system? ...or, the JLP time in power was not enough time?

Look - there are many things the entire island needed in 1944...and, after many years of JLP and PNP governments there are still many, many things the entire island need. The key is 'rate of progress'.

Is that 'rate of progress' up to the speed we all desire?
    The answer is NO!
    Karl, here is a quote from Sass, "Mosiah mi granny had water in 1989. The fact is things have gone broken and not replaced and as more people move in it make it worst.

We had decent, not great infrastructure in 1989, and instead of making it better we gone back to prehistoric ages. No hospital, no water, No firebrigade, police a beg ride, no roads, no developement and no government support."

Apart of the road from St. Ann's Bay to Lime Hall was torn away, just after the previous election. When did they start working on it? Things will not get better cause of unthinking people like you.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Karl, here is a quote from Sass, "Mosiah mi granny had water in 1989. The fact is things have gone broken and not replaced and as more people move in it make it worst.

We had decent, not great infrastructure in 1989
      Where? Certainly not everywhere!

and instead of making it better we gone back to prehistoric ages
      Total unadulterated nonsense! No true!

No hospital, no water, No firebrigade, police a beg ride,
      In some areas!...and, in some areas there where never hospitals, running water, firebrigade, and cars for cops...

...and in other areas there have been improvements!

no roads, no developement and no government support."
      There is no area in the island where all of this is true!

No roads...or have you over-stated...

...poor roads? Yes!

No development? What do you mean? Do you expect, for example, every square inch of the island to have a hotel or other building structure on it?

No government support? What are you talking about? No access to a Post Office, school, roads, water, electricity, agricultural lands, the sea to fish and or develop other means of making a living, government support services -etc. to present proposals for an activity the individual wishes to become engaged in, no tele-communication facilities/instruments, etc., etc....what are you claiming? The claim of no development is pure crap! Whether deliberately made or inadvertently made - Lying crap!

There is nowhere in the island where there has been no development in access to improved facilities and services and oportunities to advancement.

Now the matter of whether or not people either separately or joining with others have availed themselves of all and or any of the developments is another matter. One avenue of development that we know many have spurned and or failed to take full advantage of is EDUCATION FACILITIES!

As I have repeatedly said, it is 'rate of progress' that creates the problem. No need to...there is never the need to make untruthful statements, we certainly have more than enough things that need improving and or introduction.

Apart of the road from St. Ann's Bay to Lime Hall was torn away, just after the previous election. When did they start working on it? Things will not get better cause of unthinking people like you.
      So there has been no new building in infrastructure since 1989?

No expansion to the airports?
      No improvements on any roads?
      No improvement in any water supply system?
      No new schools?
      No expansion of the education system? No new universities came on stream?
      No expansion of the police force?
      No expansion in the civil service?
      ...in fact, to hear you and others like you not one single solitary individual citizen of Jamaica has made any progress since the PNP came to power over the last 18 years! You are a mad man! ...and, so are the others like you.

The country has progressed since 1944. ...and, progress was made during the periods of government by both parties. The country is still...even as we speak...progressing. We do not need to spread lies...we all know the 'rate of progress' is an area of dissatisfaction. There is difference of opinion on which of the parties at this time can drive progress...best drive 'rate of progress' towards optimum speed. No need to mis-state and or lie on about by and of both parties.

I believe the PNP is our best hope. I know changes are needed within the leadership of the PNP ...and, importantly within public and private sectors to drive the 'rate of progress' towards levels the people need. I know our people need to use that which they have to best advantage...but, pleeease stop the nonsense about no progress. I beg you?!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Falling from top 4 in the Caribbean to being ranked only ahead of Haiti is progress? Again, yuh simply prove why we have idiots ruining the country for the last 18 years.

Best hope? Look like you and Balla guh a di same rookie meeting. Only unthinking people would still talk such crap after seeing the incompetence of these idiots.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The country was in a better state as it concern water in 1989. Places that had water no longer have any. You said the PNP under PJ made major improvement over the last 18 years with water so where is it?

tell me.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

At your rate of progress Haiti will surpass us.

How did we get from been the best in the caribbean in nearly all category to worst in nearly all if there has been so much progress?

These survey and studies are not done by me or anyone I know but by reputable institutions. If we have so much progress how is it Bear Stearns say not to buy our bonds anymore?

I don't care who is the best or worst option, Parties and politicians and people who are educated like you must encourage better management and not support madness.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Apparently you did not see my reference to 'rate of progress' being not what we would have liked? ...or, you conveniently did not see that?

Well, if you did see that you would have realised that I am not pleased with our management - rate of progress!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The JFF is not moving at the pace we would like.

So, what's the problem again?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  The JFF is not moving at the pace we would like.

So, what's the problem again?!
                  ...it certainly is not as some would say - No progress! It is in my mind, 'rate of progress'. In the case of the JFF...a much smaller organisation with less division of labour and therefore greater direct hands-on of 'pulling the strings' by the leadership...a change of top leader is needed.

A government depends to a greater extent on a slew of leaders from political, through various numerous - multitudinous individuals, departments and quasi-government bodies. It therefore requires a wide array...types of leaders and bodies traveling through a complex series of steps - rules, regulations that must be observed and protocols that have to be followed - before commands travel from top down to having anything done at the implementation stage.

In that 'government system' foul-ups can and do occur at various levels and links...by anyone person or group of persons...along what is sometimes referred to as the 'inefficient bureaucratic maze'. That system lends itself to changes at some areas of various leadership levels, not necessarily at the top...to effect good advantageous change. In the 'government's system' cataclysmic change can be effected without change at the top. I am by no means forgetting that at times it is the commands coming from above that are 'terrible'...and, thus the 'top' must go. ...but, I am pointing out the possibility that merely removing inefficient operators from along the line through which commands flow and proper actions have to be taken in response to those commands from above...profound change can be the result.

Unfortunately in smaller organisations with 'clueless leadership' where policy and action moves through few persons...sometimes, as in the case of the JFF where all commands flow from an El NUMERO UNO, there is no possibility of foul-ups excepting by the EL NUMERO UNO.

When our previous JFF EL NUMERO UNO, The Captain, screwed up...he was shown the door.

Our current JFF EL NUMERO UNO is on an ongoing f%$&&^%$ing up.

He runs a tiny operation. He runs an on-hands...his hands...ship. He makes policy! He approves policy! He gives commands. He reaps successes and or failures. He commands from his office through one-step to implementation! No go between! He...and he alone, makes things happen or not happen! What do you think should happen in this reign...his reign of moving from one foul-up through to another...one failure through to another...to our present stage of no preparation...but, a pre-preparation...a looking at our poorest players...for the World Cup?????

...btw - When will the preparations commence?

NB: Do not answer! Let us not hijack the thread. oooooh-oh?!
                  Last edited by Karl; June 23, 2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

RF and Tilla, we really must look about getting that translator for this forum.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Apparently you did not see my reference to 'rate of progress' being not what we would have liked? ...or, you conveniently did not see that?

Well, if you did see that you would have realised that I am not pleased with our management - rate of progress!
                      Th rate is so slow its not worth mentioning.

In terms of water, Spanish Town is far worse now than it was in the 1980s. The pressure s a joke.

Comment

Is that fair, MdmeX?

Has the PNP been working (present continuously working) on improving our water supply system?

Not at the pace we would like...but...?
                        YES Karl - my statement comes from the HEART!! Plenty others agree wid me!!
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post

In terms of water, Spanish Town is far worse now than it was in the 1980s. The pressure s a joke.
                          And trust me Willi - Portland's water woes are far WORSE than they were in 1983. Now everybody building must have a TANK or some drum pan!!
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post

...I am agreeing that the 'rate of progress' is not up to snuff!

Comment

why do you have to put rate of progress in quote?

Karl it simple tell me you a try convince yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                                why do you have to put rate of progress in quote?

Karl it simple tell me you a try convince yourself.
                                Convinced long, long ago that 'rate of progress' was too slow!
                                Trus mi was convinced of that from in the early 60s...in my teens! Not one thing has occurred since that has caused me to change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X