Is this true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this true?

Portia and many other Jamaicans I know blame deportees who return to the island after leaving as youths for a lot of the island's crime.

I say that is not true as most of the real dangerous deportees come to America in them 20s and most were political gunmen before leaving Ja.
    Then there is a lot of Jamaicans who never travel anywhere who are also committing crimes.

When I quizz my fellow Jamaicans about what % of deportees are committing crimes and what percent of none deportees comit crimes them go dumb.If we were a law abiding country then the deportees had to fall in line or pay the price when them land a Ja. It is time we face our problems head on and deal with it. yes there are a few who left as baby and come back to commit crimes but I think it is a small %.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I wouldn't blame deportees for the high crime rate. No doubt many are involved, but I think "born and grow" Jamaican criminals can do quite well by themselves, thank you very much.

Their (deportees) involvement is significant, however. They usually have the connections for guns and drugs. Those who left as adults usually come back to a place they once ruled and in trying to regain their status, things happen.

But the ones who left as 5 year olds and were deported because they were involved in some phone scam...cho!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

thanks Mo. I hear so many Jamaicans blaming the crime rate on deportee and I think it is not fair.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well, deportees are not exactly angels, so let's not be too sorry for them!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
        X