If Portia wants thinking people to take her seriously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Portia wants thinking people to take her seriously

she needs to dump the baggage in the PNP BEFORE the next election.

If she dumps Omar and many others like him, plus the delano's of this world then she would have claim to being the embodiment of a new broom.

She is a very nice and likeable lady. She nuh tief as far as I know and seems to genuinely like people. People like her too, as she is charismatic.

However, she need to come clean and offer a clean slate to retake the "change" image. At the moment, she represents the staleness of the prior PNP administration of which she was a part.

If she wants "mandate", she needs to ditch some men...ironic, no?

I feel she willlikely do this after in any case, but to get the undecided, she has to show good faith up front, even if it upsets some comrades.

Yuh mek it sound as if Portia isn't apart of the staleness! Who ran against PJ to replace Manley? If she want people fi tek har seriously, dem duh like the 1983 election suh the repairs can start.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Some people think she will do that after she gets her own mandate. That might be too late. Nothing stopping her from ditching them now. People like AJ, KD and Pickersgill need to go!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Some people think she will do that after she gets her own mandate. That might be too late. Nothing stopping her from ditching them now. People like AJ, KD and Pickersgill need to go!
        Wasn't that what people were saying after she won the presidency? How many round here was saying that ..... until she named her cabinet? Unuh seem to forget that Portia is PNP first. KD said he won't be running again, but I do think he will be appointed via the senate.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Mosiah she had one year and no do this so why now?

The none performing PHDs needs to go. Dr. Omar Davis, Dr Phillip Paulwell, and maybe Dr.Peter Phillips and a few others need to go.

Portia seems very weak as a leader and hope she win because if she lose the PNP going to split or be in turmoil as I can see Peter Phillips amongst others going for her head.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
            She nuh tief as far as I know and seems to genuinely like people.
            Before jumping to that conclusion, I want to know the truth about Trafigura! How come the PNP a collect more money than what is being made from the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
              she needs to dump the baggage in the PNP BEFORE the next election.

If she dumps Omar and many others like him, plus the delano's of this world then she would have claim to being the embodiment of a new broom.

She is a very nice and likeable lady. She nuh tief as far as I know and seems to genuinely like people. People like her too, as she is charismatic.

However, she need to come clean and offer a clean slate to retake the "change" image. At the moment, she represents the staleness of the prior PNP administration of which she was a part.

If she wants "mandate", she needs to ditch some men...ironic, no?

I feel she willlikely do this after in any case, but to get the undecided, she has to show good faith up front, even if it upsets some comrades.
              You believe the leader of the PNP controls the party ?

Who are the power-brokers of the Party and what are their objectives ? Have they changed or have they simply changed the face as another election strategy having worn out the 'We put people first' and 'black man time'...

When the PNP objectives align with what is good for the country.. then you might have a chance.. and even them implementation and management of this process is another challenge that the PNP has demonstrated a weakness in.

Replacing PJ Patterson with Portia Simpson would have to involve some Quid Pro Quo and understanding of what Portia could and could not do.. Her handling of the Trafigura scandal speaks volumes.. her silence on Scandals White House is interesting...

I am waiting for a comrade to convince me that the 'New PNP' is prepared to bring FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE... which is what is required for Jamaica to recover the lost ground..

Comment

"I am waiting for a comrade to convince me that the 'New PNP' is prepared to bring FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE... which is what is required for Jamaica to recover the lost ground.."

Lazie filling in for a comrade. You can stay deh worry bout Jamaica. The party comes first. The fundamental change already took place. PJ out ... Portia in. Fahwud tuh di 5th term.

Karl ... Jawge .. how mi sound?

Comment

You guys are so on the ball

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  Mosiah she had one year and no do this so why now?

The none performing PHDs needs to go. Dr. Omar Davis, Dr Phillip Paulwell, and maybe Dr.Peter Phillips and a few others need to go.

Portia seems very weak as a leader and hope she win because if she lose the PNP going to split or be in turmoil as I can see Peter Phillips amongst others going for her head.
                  Dr. Phillip Paulwell - thats a new one

Expand the reach of your crystal ball and say what will happen to the JLP if they lose

Comment

I just look the background color of this site

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                    Before jumping to that conclusion, I want to know the truth about Trafigura! How come the PNP a collect more money than what is being made from the deal?
                    Perfect - the person who introduced me said that the political color of most on here was just up my street

Bossman are you saying that if the trafigura sum was say 1 million it would be fine?

Comment

Originally posted by Fyahbox View Post
                      Dr. Phillip Paulwell - thats a new one

Expand the reach of your crystal ball and say what will happen to the JLP if they lose
                      That could be interpreted 2 ways.
                      1. What will happen to the JLP if they lose ..(Who cares)
                      2. More importantly, what will happen to Jamaica if they lose.
                      Data proves that since 1972 the only time the country progressed was when the PNP was in self imposed exile. I think its time for people to be patriotic and vote out these clowns.

Comment

Thanks but I was really

trying to get the writers view - I solicited yours up above

Comment

Perfect - the person who introduced me said that the political color of most on here was just up my street

Bossman are you saying that if the trafigura sum was say 1 million it would be fine?
                          What color is up your street. This is actually the 13th garrison.

Regarding Trafigua, obviously you just start reading the site. If there is nothing corrupt or illegal I'd have no problem with it. The complete handling of the affair by Portia and her merrymen tells that something is fishy.

Comment

If you write my boss it must be crystal

clear so it wont lead to differing meanings

this site is colored in beautiful green so I will assume this is the garrison called West Kingston, Central St. Catherine, or Central Clarendon either one I am cool with it.

And I dont want you calling The Most Honourable Edward Phillip George Seaga ON, P.C., M.P., B.A., Y.B.A., LL.D. a Demon at all - you need to show some respect for a pillar of the JLP - That noble institution

Comment

clear so it wont lead to differing meanings

this site is colored in beautiful green so I will assume this is the garrison called West Kingston, Central St. Catherine, or Central Clarendon either one I am cool with it.

And I dont want you calling The Most Honourable Edward Phillip George Seaga ON, P.C., M.P., B.A., Y.B.A., LL.D. a Demon at all - you need to show some respect for a pillar of the JLP - That noble institution
                              Don't let the color of the site fool yuh! There are probably 5 or 6 thinking people here willing to keep it real. Some nuh have the balls dem hide from posts like these and the rest .... well ... welcome to PNP country.

Did you read the forum rules? Seaga is not referred to as Most Honourable around here. Well thats a joke! In time you will understand why I call him the demon.

Comment

Working...
                              X