Can anyone explain the significance of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone explain the significance of

these so called Peace marches? Has anthing ever been accomplished by having a peace march? Personally I see them as poppyshowism, but hey ... a mi name Lazie. Suh please ... tell me the significance and tell me what has ever been achieved with these marches.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Pastor Blair can walk eeeeehhh? It is better him did join me and do the AIDS walk or something fi earn some money fi do some good.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

This is an indication of how useful these things are:

Tue Jun 19, 2007
      Political candidates tour South East St. AndrewMember of Parliament for South East St. Andrew, Maxine Henry Wilson.Member of Parliament for South East St. Andrew, Maxine Henry Wilson and the Jamaica Labour Party's Joan Gordon Webley earlier Monday toured sections of the constituency in a bid to calm elevated tempers. The tour, facilitated by the Political Ombudsman Bishop Herro Blair, includes Member of Parliament Maxine Henry Wilson and the Jamaica Labour Party's (JLP) Joan Gordon Webley.

Initially it seemed the tour would not get underway however blessed by slightly overcast skies on a humid day, Peace Management Initiative head Bishop Herro Blair broke into a stride with political representatives Maxine Henry Wilson and Joan Gordon Webley in tow.

The touring party’s first stop in Woodford Park, a JLP stronghold also known as “Track”, Mrs. Gordon Webley introduced Mrs. Henry Wilson to Ann-Marie Johnson one of four JLP supporters shot and injured last week when the bus they were traveling in was shot up.

Mrs. Henry Wilson and Bishop Herro Blair expressed regret at the incident and urged the parties to work towards mending the fences.

After several brief stops the touring team decided to journey to the known PNP stronghold, this move drew the anger of the JLP supporters who insisted PNP supporters meet them on the borderline.

The brief hitch did not porevent the tour from going on in the end the touring party visited the PNP stronghold where residents urged Mrs. Gordon Webley to reign in her supporters.

The tour ended with Bishop Blair and the political representatves joining in a symbolic handshake and an agreement to ensure that supporters from both sides of the political divide maintain peace.

So, what's really the point when the communities remain divided as ever?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks boss! Point proven!
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
        X