Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The history of British slave ownership has been buried...now

...its scale can be revealed

The past has a disconcerting habit of bursting, uninvited and unwelcome, into the present. This year history gate-crashed modern America in the form of a 150-year-old document: a few sheets of paper that compelled Hollywood actor Ben Affleck to issue a public apology and forced the highly regarded US public service broadcaster PBS to launch an internal investigation.

The document, which emerged during the production of Finding Your Roots, a celebrity genealogy show, is neither unique nor unusual. It is one of thousands that record the primal wound of the American republic – slavery. It lists the names of 24 slaves, men and women, who in 1858 were owned by Benjamin L Cole, Affleck’s great-great-great-grandfather. When this uncomfortable fact came to light, Affleck asked the show’s producers to conceal his family’s links to slavery. Internal emails discussing the programme were later published by WikiLeaks, forcing Affleck to admit in a Facebook post: “I didn’t want any television show about my family to include a guy who owned slaves. I was embarrassed.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...scale-revealed
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Good post mi bredda

What is revealed is the utter spiritual corruption of Babylon. The British, American and European ruling circles are consummate deceivers and not to be trusted. They deny the obvious genocide and oppression their shitstem is based on....and want to promote themselves as moral rulers of the world

Furthermore their corporate media bamboozles simple-minded Lemmings into believing that Babylon is "moral" and has great "values" and is "progressive". While Babylon may show those traits when it suits them...at their core they're the same people who enslaved 10s of millions....and also killed 10s of millions on their way to world domination. If it suits their purpose they would commit the same atrocities today that they did during slavery

That same media has the simple-minded Lemmings among us loving Babylon and all the corruption it represents....to the extent where the Lemmings love Babylon more than their own people. A mass version of the Stockholm Syndrome where the victim adores his oppressor..

So clearly the simple-minded Lemmings suffer from a severe & intractable psychological illness they're totally unaware of....courtesy of Babylon Media.

Mi all si one bredda claim couple day aback seh im tek one oath...and presumably dat oath im feel REQUIRES him to support the US football team... Now suppen simple lika dat reveals a mindset corrupted by a severe psychological illness ... Dat Head Gone Bye

Babylon Shitstem is a Vampiya....Memba mi tole unnu dat
    Last edited by Don1; July 13, 2015, 04:01 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Deep.....Jimmys story need to be told.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The letters "H" and "L" should not keep popping up when I read this post.

Stop it!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

heheheheheheh!!!!
          Good words there...but di style put pan mi face
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            heheheheheheh!!!!
            Good words there...but di style put pan mi face
            style n fashion wi seh

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              The letters "H" and "L" should not keep popping up when I read this post.

Stop it!!!
              Yep dat deh Head Light

Comment

Some very good information there. Interesting that there were a number of middle class slaveowners in Britain. I was not aware of that fact.

Slave ownership, it appears, was far more common than has previously been presumed. Many of these middle-class slave owners had just a few slaves, possessed no land in the Caribbean and rented their slaves out to landowners, in work gangs.
                I wonder why Affleck thought it so necessary to conceal the sins of his foreparents. It would have been much more powerful if he had used that PBS program to speak about the horrors of slavery.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The more I read , the more I lean to reparations

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I support reparations, but not to individuals. That would be a disaster.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Governments too, looks like a disaster.It should include debt write off along with monetary compensation.

Comment

Debt write-off is good, I would prefer infrastructure projects over monetary compensation ....highway, power plants, water management.

Comment

Agreed .

Comment

Working...
                          X