Chronixx pon de Reparation UK Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronixx pon de Reparation UK Tour

Watching Chronixx perform for the first time was a physical ordeal.

So dense were the crowds inside London’s Scala that scrummaging skills were needed to force a way from the bar area, through fire doors, into the auditorium. And from a teeming balcony, a sight of the stage could only be maintained from the balls of the feet.

It was then I realised the scale of the underground following for a young Jamaican musician who held the crowd transfixed with a mature stagecraft and a songbook of depth and quality.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-10367488.html
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Glastonbury - big festival

https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xf...64&oe=559AE2CF
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

nice to see something we take for granted here gaining traction overseas...i saw Chronixx perform mussi 5 time within a two week space in Jamaica and everyone of the shows were free to $1000 max...

Comment

Coming to Toronto Aug. 21(if is not lie the promota tellin). Show almost sell off.

Comment

Rudi, yuh plan to go CAC games?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yep. I am assuming you mean the Pan Am games. Funny, a guy I do business with just invited me to attend a female beach volleyball game with him and some of his colleagues. It is my understanding that they all wear bikinis. Also, Jamaica plays El Salvadore in the Gold cup here next Tuesday. shaping up to be nice summer.

Comment

sorry, yes Pan AM games.

I will be in town for Aug 2. I'm gonna try to see what events are on show for that day to see if it would be worthwhile.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

rhatid it will be done by that time.

Comment

Yep but if you're into the Caribana thing you are coming at the right time. That weekend Toronto becomes Carival north.

Comment

Carnival.

Comment

good experience for the children. I last experienced it in the late 80's when it was not nearly as big as it seems to be now.

Comment

Working...
                      X