• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Rick Santorum have a problem with America's system of

government?!?

He tweeted this after the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage:

Rick SantorumVerified account
    ‏@RickSantorum
    Today, 5 unelected judges redefined the foundational unit of society. Now it is the people's turn to speak #Marriage

BLACK LIVES MATTER

The best one was Clarence Thomas saying that the decision goes against the "principles on which the nation was founded".

Ah Clarence, if the U.S. stuck to all the principles on which it was founded you would be in a cotton field somewhere begging Massa for mercy instead of hanging out in that fancy Supreme Court building you work in!

What is with people referring to documents written centuries ago and trying to determine what they say about how to live in the 21st century?
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

That ABC stigma did a number on his head space for sure!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not unique. Most politicians do when it goes against their "core principle". The problem is, it is 5 Conservatives otherwise you would hear about "Liberal" court.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Whenever you get politicians questioning the ruling of the Court...it is a dangerous thing!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no especially the republicans do it all the time. They use it to motivate their voters and win to try and change the make up. You will see in their debate they will talk about this judgment.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

They all do it when it doesn't go their way, including Obama

"The Citizens United decision was wrong, and it has caused real harm to our democracy," Obama said.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Source?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

When Obama does it, it is also a dangerous thing. I think it is clear that I am not a fan of the Supreme Court, but I feel if there is one time when politicians should bite their lips and be as politically correct as they can possibly be it's when they comment on the decisions of the highest court of the land.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

About a million sites , including www.whitehouse.gov

Comment

Don't really think it is dangerous as long as they do it in a none violent way. Again it is used to rally the base. It is a common thing in the house.

This is one of the reason why if you have the congress, house and president from the same party for a long time it can be a very dangerous thing.

Comment

Let me be clear - I am not saying politicians should never disagree with rulings from the Supreme Court. Certainly, had the SC voted against gay marriage and Obamacare, I don't think Barack would have agreed with the decision.

It's the disparaging talk that is dangerous - "5 unelected judges". I heard this morning of another politician referring to the SC judges as "black-robed lawyers who (something or the other)" in his disgust to the gay marriage ruling.

On the other hand, Jeb Bush has chosen to move on and has not traced the SC judges on their decision. Good for him.

I mean, does Rick Santorum want the electorate to vote on who should become a SC judge?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks for helping out!

(Sheez!)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

thanks for making it clearer. Oftentimes though you hear this from both parties, like when a Court in the South ruled against Obama Care. They are often referred to as activists and choice words especially by loyalist in the house. Santorium says that because he is going after the base and I bet he will get more ultra right support for it, meanwhile Bush is trying to win the center right who have a softer stance.

Comment

I mean, does Rick Santorum want the electorate to vote on who should become a SC judge?
                              Well it could also be interpreted as him saying they need to elect an ultra-conservative president so they can stack the bench with like-minded judges.

I suspect that he was deliberately vague so that different people can interpret it however they wanted to. Such is the modern science of political soundbites and tweets .

Comment

Working...
                              X