Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damion crawford speak to Flankers residents MoBay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=36&v=h6WY2JOw9kA

I like Crawford,his problem is he somehow felt he could make a difference by aligning himself with a viable party(getting elected)even though he has absolutely no power in changing that party.He thereby subscribes to the we against them..,which became evident when he quickly regurgitated'dirty labourites',proving that gutter mentality is not limited to the garrison communities.
    So as not to become soulless,get away from the PNP Crawford.

Comment

you like someone who lobbies for the dismantling of INDECOM & vigorously campaigns for stripping anti-corruption entities of their power?

Comment

He is in good company.

Comment

I am currently watching the Honorable Damion Crawford

Teaching Trigonometry on youtube, while his honorable knows his subject. His command of the english language is clearly none existent...His quote to the class "unuh need fi wash out unuh yeyes..lol...the number three..."tree" ...100.."undred"..real funny..the alphabeth Z...."zed".although he seem to know trig...I am cracking up to the MP not making no effort to speak better than Blake the beast.."unuh c y mi tell unuh fi."..lol..Damion words to the class...."zero poin wah"

and so the students may pass CXC math but struggle to write an essay or speak standard English..i am rolling over with laughter the minister's none attempt to discard his patois lingo.
          Last edited by PeeJay; June 28, 2015, 06:23 PM.
          "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Says one thing foes another

Comment

Yuh pree? yuh si whe mi a seh?

Actually, I don't have a problem with how he delivers his lesson... the question is: will his students be able to communicate what they know to a variety of audiences when they are called upon to do so.
              Peter R

Comment

Whey Hinglish class fah?

Comment

Agreed.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                    Teaching Trigonometry on youtube, while his honorable knows his subject. His command of the english language is clearly none existent...His quote to the class "unuh need fi wash out unuh yeyes..lol...the number three..."tree" ...100.."undred"..real funny..the alphabeth Z...."zed".although he seem to know trig...I am cracking up to the MP not making no effort to speak better than Blake the beast.."unuh c y mi tell unuh fi."..lol..Damion words to the class...."zero poin wah"

and so the students may pass CXC math but struggle to write an essay or speak standard English..i am rolling over with laughter the minister's none attempt to discard his patois lingo.
                    Just curious, what's wrong with pronouncing the letter Z as zed?

Comment

Za how many places in the world say ZED for Z

Teaching Mathematics should not compromise learning English. It is not surprising to see how many people in Jamaica and the USA struggle to spell and speak standard English.
                      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Originally posted by Za View Post
                        Just curious, what's wrong with pronouncing the letter Z as zed?
                        Just curious ... how do you pronounce your name? Zeda?
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                          Teaching Mathematics should not compromise learning English. It is not surprising to see how many people in Jamaica and the USA struggle to spell and speak standard English.
                          It's no big deal, have nothing to do with the patois debate.

Most countries that speaks British English say Zed, while American English
                          say Zee. I was just curious if your version of standard English is American English since you had a problem with Zed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                            Just curious ... how do you pronounce your name? Zeda?
                            If I created this silly language, I would make the name of all the letters the same as the sound they make.

Why should I call this H (aitch) and then turn around and pronounce "hat"
                            the way I do.

Comment

The English say ZED mostly...ZEE is yankee.

Comment

Working...
                              X