Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Gay Marriage legal

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33290341

Same sex marriage legal. Ben you were right all along.

Babylon in trouble now.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

For years the Supreme Court upheld rulings that marginalised and discriminated against black people. But, they had no problem giving full rights to gays. Oh well!

Not fond of the Supreme Court. Americans hold them in the highest esteem, and they can occupy their seats until they keel over, but their decisions have been downright stupid over the years!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well that is one of the reason you have 3 branches.
      The system is not perfect and the judges are appointed by politicians but like any court, we will not accept some of the decisions which are based upon history and the mood of the people but for me it is better to have this system than one where a counsel or a dictator decides.

Again it goes to show why people vote for presidents as they nominate judges to these courts. My stands on gay marriage still stands but I guess we all have to live with this decision.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That damn Obama just keep on wracking up these major victories. He's such a thorn in my beloved Repugs party.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Not going to debate the 3 branches right now. Just singling out the SCOTUS and get us to realise that not all their decisions have been anywhere close to being just.

That's probably the thinking of the Repugs as they continue to try and repeal Obamacare.

Sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"That's probably the thinking of the Repugs as they continue to try and repeal Obamacare."

For the republicans the next election going to mean a lot for them. Imagine they have more Republican appointed judge on the court now. In the last 30 years the court has been "in the middle" on most of their decisions.

Now you hear all the scholars and analysts on the radio. LOL!!!!

Comment

How many justices are scheduled gor retirement?

Comment

Ginsburg who is a Clinton appointee is probably going to be the next one to retire. She is over 80 and a cancer survivor. Scalia (ultra conservative) and Kennedy (started out conservative but more liberal these days) are also in their last years.

The next president could well appoint 3 new justices and change the balance of power in the court for a decade or so.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Tbanks Islandman!

Comment

Working...
                  X