RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little suppe'n suppe'n on the confed flag....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little suppe'n suppe'n on the confed flag....

http://mic.com/articles/121082/here-...ref_map=%5B%5D
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

There is no moral argument that can be used to defend a government that celebrates that flag. For all the talk about heritage, it was only put on the SC state grounds during the 60s as a way to give the civil rights and desegregation movements the middle finger. It has always represented the idea of white superiority and the extent that southern states would go to preserve that idea.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Indeed Sir, indeed !!!!

HL

Comment

Attitudes changing??
        http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/a...-are-shifting/
        Peter R

Comment

I think they are shifting although it will never be quickly enough for us as we live through it.

The mere fact that the SC Governor felt she had enough political cover to call for taking down the flag says a lot. Like almost any other politician she would not have done it if she thought it was political suicide.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Very good article!

I would like to see study that looks at factors within our control ie: (Black Control).

For example, educational opportunities, housing, crime, family structure and jobs. [Maybe] using racism as the independent variable and each of the above listed areas as the dependent variable ( or vice versa?).

I am sure this is measurable in some way.
            Last edited by HL; June 23, 2015, 06:46 PM.

HL

Comment

She recently justified the flag remaining there because it wasn't negatively affecting business.

My view is, if you didn't have a problem with the flag a month ago, then it's too late to change your mind now!

The governor can fcuk off and gwey!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well I have such a low expectation of honesty from politicians that to me, what she really believes is almost irrelevant.

I get much satisfaction in her feeling comfortable (or perhaps uncomfortable depending how you view it) enough to say what she said because of a changing public opinion. She probably would not have got elected if she said the same thing during her campaign.

Comment

Ann Coulter calls SC Carolina governor an "immigrant who doesn't understand America" even though she was born in the US.

Republicans doing what they do best.

https://youtu.be/1-fSGTMs_BA?t=79

Comment

Over to you,HL.

Comment

the female Donald trump ... an attention seeking misanthrope ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                        Over to you,HL.
                        You how Rockman. ..yuh very trubblesum.

Why I ask...whyyyyyy!!!???

HL

Comment

It never will be a question if being mischievous,consider it a substained appeal to you..

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            She recently justified the flag remaining there because it wasn't negatively affecting business.

My view is, if you didn't have a problem with the flag a month ago, then it's too late to change your mind now!

The governor can fcuk off and gwey!
                            Would say that about someone seeking you to kill you changing mind on that?

Well...what exactly was the cause of those who fought against the existence of these United States?

...and the sudden shifting of there positions on 'that cause'? Well?
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                            X