• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West calls Obama a N......

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...president.html

Where is Lisa Hana,Mo and Jawge?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Which West is that? Cornell?

The page is no longer there.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So you moved it ?

Reacting to President Obama's use of the n-word on Marc Maron's podcast, Cornel West called him the first "******ized" president in an appearance on CNN. West criticized Obama as "a person who is afraid and intimidated when it comes to putting a spotlight on white supremacy."

"Too many black people are ******ized," West said Monday on CNN. "I would say the first black president has become the first ******ized black president."

"A ******ized black person is a black person who is afraid and scared and intimidated when it comes to putting a spotlight on white supremacy and fighting against white supremacy," West explained. "So when many of us said we have to fight against racism, what were we told? 'No, he can't deal with racism because he has other issues, political calculations. He's the president of all America, not just black America.' We know he's president of all America but white supremacy is American as cherry pie."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...president.html

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

There is never justification fir using that word,if you can use it why not others?
        Obama has my respect for being a great strategist,well so much as changed since our last last discussion on Garvey,what sayeth thou now Obama?

Comment

Like Chronixx, West has no appreciation for the tightrope Obama has had to walk as president. What's the point of speaking your mind if such an action is capable of pulling the country further apart, at the very least? Obama realises that he is a black president of a white racist country and he knows how to deal with that.

And, as Obama himself would say, let's be clear, I'm not happy about quite a few things Obama has done or not done, but to be called a wasteman and a ni gg er by the likes of these two who clearly could not have held the position of White House grounds manager...kmft!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

100% agree Mr. star defense. Obama has had to walk the tightrope and a lot of the criticism from some quarters reeks of jealousy.

Comment

chief among them is tavis smiley, who I think at some point linked up with west to gang up against Obama even before he was elected.

I just get the feeling they thought that t=he wasn't "African American" enough. that he just happened to be a black man whose DNA was not that of slaves and the only American part was Caucasian.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I also feel that's their gripe...he is not African-American enough.

I wonder if Colin Powell would have...nah, he, too, not African American enough!

Dem cahnah dark! Dem going to have to sort it out demself.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What i see is a deeper psychological move by West and others to show John public that Obama support isnt monolithic in the black community , that our opinions and views are like shrades of glass that must be respected.It gives strength in the arguement that we are humans and must be looked at and treated on an individual basis,while they(we) can be his fiercest critic ,i am sure that at the oppourtune time they will be his fiercest supporters.Push him far to the left or right of issues that matter to the cause to keep him grounded, so that he doesnt take the community causes for granted.

I agree with Chronixx-West and anyother like him to do just that ,critique him loudly ,nationally , internationally ,we benefit,it keeps him centered.

I have faith in my president he knows who he is , i just dont want him to forget it for a sec, in otherwords no sleep for the weary.Thats the office he ran for and we as a people should expect that.

Comment

then there is the law of diminishing returns. think about it......

its as if they want him to be the angry black man, a la jesse Jackson or herman cain .... that causes people to focus on him to see if he is going to "over-represent" african americans and places him square into the spotlight for those looking for that kind of ammunition.

he would have never won a second a second term on an angry blackman ticket ... but now as a lame duck he is dealing with the hot button race issues in a way he would not have before.

smiley and west cannot think on dem level deh!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

On the contrary why couldnt it be ,they know the path or cards he is dealt and they know theirs and its a game that must be played for the advancement of the race ,case in point , the fiercest critics of netanyahu are the american jews but they are his fiercest defenders, its the old saying the worst of us before the best of them,it does come with the psychological baggage of crab in a barrell or red eye , but its a game we as africans must know how to play.

I have no doubt after Obama is out of office , West and others will be revealing their cards .

Revolt of the
                      Black Bourgeoisie

African-Americans are moving toward seeing ourselves—and
                      demanding that others see us—as individuals, not as shards of a degraded
                      monolith. The American ideal places primacy on the rights of the individual,
                      yet historically, African-Americans have been denied those rights. We blacks
                      can effectively demand those rights, effectively demand justice only when
                      each of us sees him or herself as an individual with the right to any of the
                      opinions, idiosyncrasies and talents accorded to any other American.

http://www.leoncegaiter.com/resources/Revolt.pdf

Comment

Another thing West was west , and Smiley was smiley waaay before Obama became president, expecting them to change or flip to ahh sahhh give him a pass would be against their grain or cause.

Comment

smiley was for Obama before he was against him.

there are more than one ways to skin a cat and while I am sure that they have faith in their approach, it may well be that that approach is not the one favoured by Obama in trying to achieve the same result.

I am more likely to side with Obama on this one....

Comment

I hear yuh and that is the point you are free ,not a monolithic ,and why shouldnt West or whoever not side with Obama before he became president ,it fits into the cause, the worst of us before the best of them.

Trust mi, i hear yuh.

Comment

Well we can wait for the cat to die from natural causes and choose any way to skin it.Dirty South remains dirty because of special treatment it received from day one,it isn't so much the means as it is the end.Received a bit of history lesson watching Democracy Now...,apparently Independence Day was slated to be on the 2cd and not the 4th,it was the South objecting to a clause heralding equality for my race that delayed it,South won as the clause was removed..
                              Apart from natural shedding of a few hairs the cat skin remained intact.
                              Forgive me for the anachronism,who would you prefer as president(West or Obama)at that period leading up to the declaration of independence?

Comment

Working...
                              X