Jamaican ganja addicted gene found by DR DELA HAYE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican ganja addicted gene found by DR DELA HAYE

The Likely Cause of Addiction Has Been Discovered, and It Is Not What You Think
    Posted: 01/20/2015 3:20 pm EST Updated: 05/16/2015 6:59 pm EDT
    Tweet

Comment
    Share on Google+
    It is now one hundred years since drugs were first banned -- and all through this long century of waging war on drugs, we have been told a story about addiction by our teachers and by our governments. This story is so deeply ingrained in our minds that we take it for granted. It seems obvious. It seems manifestly true. Until I set off three and a half years ago on a 30,000-mile journey for my new book, Chasing The Scream: The First And Last Days of the War on Drugs, to figure out what is really driving the drug war, I believed it too. But what I learned on the road is that almost everything we have been told about addiction is wrong -- and there is a very different story waiting for us, if only we are ready to hear it.

If we truly absorb this new story, we will have to change a lot more than the drug war. We will have to change ourselves.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann...b_6506936.html
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

As i said years ago our social enviroment has alot to do with all of Jamaicas society pschological ills but ganja gets the blame,poverty,crime,garrisonization and unemployment , will drive anyone to escape in a worse case scenario mad and ganja is convienentfor some to blame ,is it addictive,not in my opinion just the convienent excuse for politrikcians and addiction rackets to blame and source money for their rackets and of course those that cant think in the abstract, those that have anectodal visuals of what it can do.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

In other words Jamaica and other third world nations have too many variables for anyone to come to a conclusion ganja can drive anyone mad or is addictive,all the above has been listed and of course the biggest cultural use, the fact that legalization or even increase in use has not correlated with an increase in addiction rates or mental illness ,should have killed that arguement but quacks can always rely on good ole anectodal evidence as proof to justify their rackets, forget science.

Comment

a most interesting read notwithstanding Johan saying ....

When I returned from my long journey, I looked at my ex-boyfriend, in withdrawal, trembling on my spare bed, and I thought about him differently.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I think he skirted the cigarette issue, or treated it lightly... being out of a nurturing environment and the use of the harder drugs that are somewhat mid-altering if I can use that phrase, or mind-numbing, as I imagine might have been the purpose of its use by soldiers in Vietnam, I will buy... cigarettes as far as I know, don't affect the mind in the way ganja, coke or heroin say, do. Many, many (addicted to) cigarette smokers live in very comfy cages.
          Peter R

Comment

Good point , high % of cigs users have mental illness , more than any hard drugs.

Smoking and Mental Illness
            People living with mental illness have a very high rate of smoking. A study by The Journal of the American Medical Association reported that 44.3 percent of all cigarettes in America are consumed by individuals who live with mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders. This means that people living with mental illness are about twice as likely to smoke as other persons.

http://www2.nami.org/Content/Navigat...al_Illness.htm

Comment

Working...
            X