Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate Change swirls around Seprod

Seprod celebrates 75 years with $5-billion investment
    BY INGRID BROWN Associate editor — special assignment browni@jamaicaobserver.com

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9 Comments

SEPROD Group of Companies has commenced the roll-out of a $5-billion investment with the acquisition of a state-of-the-art Compact Flex Filling machine slated to increase production at its subsidiary Serge Island Dairy by some 45 per cent.

Excellent investment climate

Noting that this is now an excellent climate for investment in Jamaica, given the serious fiscal discipline being consistently applied, Scott said it is important to reinvest constantly in order to remain competitive in the market place.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Good to see. St Thomas needs much more of this.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
      Seprod celebrates 75 years with $5-billion investment
      BY INGRID BROWN Associate editor — special assignment browni@jamaicaobserver.com

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9 Comments

SEPROD Group of Companies has commenced the roll-out of a $5-billion investment with the acquisition of a state-of-the-art Compact Flex Filling machine slated to increase production at its subsidiary Serge Island Dairy by some 45 per cent.

Excellent investment climate

Noting that this is now an excellent climate for investment in Jamaica, given the serious fiscal discipline being consistently applied, Scott said it is important to reinvest constantly in order to remain competitive in the market place.
      Sass, see it deh!
      Peter R

Comment

fi who??

Go ahead nuh. When you muh have fi borrow Jamaican dollars and get tax break you noice...
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
          Sass, see it deh!
          lol!!

Politrics prevents certain tribalists from recognizing objetive reality. Even so when people who don't just YAP but are actually INVESTED state reality

The wrong party happens to be in power...So no more GWAAAN BARTLETT!!!!! ...when they're announcements of GOJ "intentions"...(which are generally never fulfilled)

Go figure

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            Good to see. St Thomas needs much more of this.
            Yep...fi reel

Now wi juss waan si di Chiney dem cut one likkle coastal highway from Morant Bay to Harbour Zoo....open up dem stretch ah land deh to development

Comment

No a Hylton run the thing now.

when you a go post pon logistic hub again and rare earth again LOL!!!?? Gwaan.

If you notice I only single out individual minister and all me talk a just economics. nothing more.

A same econ arguments mi post when JLP in Power, about the bloated Public service, our debt, our productivity, our GDP, Growth, Export, devaluation. It nuh change only that people like you don't want to hear it but what, the challenge is still there as before and will continue to be for a while.

Go and check every year since about 92 Govt of Jamaica predict 2-3 percent growth and continue until today

meanwhile at the pace Dominican Republic going they may have first world status by 2025. Gwaan hide .
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I'll post on logistics or whatever I choose when I feel the need to. I'm not on anyone's schedule but my own.

Now that the KCT is divested....there may be follow on developments to report on and analyze

Stand by and thanks for your interest

Comment

thought it was by 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    thought it was by 2016
                    GWAAN HYLTON!!!!!!

Comment

Looks like Seprod is hoping to return to the company it was in the 70s and 80s, when they were known to be one of the more progressive companies in the island. Good to see them displaying renewed confidence in Jamaican manufacturing.

KINGSTON, Jamaica – The Seprod Group today reduced the price of its Cool Fruit brand of packaged drinks by almost 35 per cent, from J$30 to J$20.

According to Seprod, this price cut is in a bid to mitigate the rising cost of living facing Jamaicans and to reduce the quantity of imported beverages in the island.
                      http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...t-price-by-35-
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        Looks like Seprod is hoping to return to the company it was in the 70s and 80s, when they were known to be one of the more progressive companies in the island. Good to see them displaying renewed confidence in Jamaican manufacturing.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...t-price-by-35-
                        Ironically without a radical devaluation making imports expensive...this type of manufacturing/import substitution investment from Seprod and others from Broilers, Grace Red Stripe etc...would have been IMPOSSIBLE.

Devaluation can have an upside...if we have a progressive, innovative business class working with a progressive, innovative Govt. Unfortunately JA (generally) has neither But some green shoots are definitely appearing on the economic landscape...and must be nurtured

To further accelerate local manufacturing we need big private investments in affordable & renewable energy...as well as labor force upgrades in STEM disciplines.

Fortunately we have some apps for the latter....people just need to connect the dots, leave their ignorance behind and jump on the STEM bandwagon
                        Last edited by Don1; June 22, 2015, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X