X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Stewart on the Charleston massacre

https://vid.me/45na

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Meanwhile, all flags, but the confederate one, are at half mast.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/cha...church-n378316

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Apparently, the confederate flag is not on a pulley system. It would have to be taken down entirely.

So...do we have a problem here?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Has it ever flown at half-mast?
        Peter R

Comment

I like this suggestion:

"Instructions for appropriate display of Confederate flag after tragedy,” American University economics lecturer Daniel Lin wrote. “1) Lower to half-mast 2) Keep lowering until removed 3) You’re done.”

Why South Carolina’s Confederate flag isn’t at half-staff after church shooting

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...urch-shooting/
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

They are saying can't? It's either all the way up or taken down completely. For some reason the confederate flag is not on a pulley, so it seems like they never had any intention of taking it down. You see the mindset?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

they didn't. did you see the reference to the legislation relating to its positioning and surroundings? it is what you would call "entrenched"!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Entrenched indeed! The flag is bolted to the pole and its surroundings are to be well lit and basically sacred.

That flag needs to be burnt in a public bonfire along with anyone who still supports its display.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Deconstructing, however briefly, the media.
                  http://m.democracynow.org/stories/15299
                  Peter R

Comment

Was the movie Belly? The one in which the fugitive DMX was discreetly approached by a caucasian(from law enforcement) who told him to assasinate an emerging black activist.

This bible reading killings remind me of that part of the movie,the killer asked someone to identify the pastor,sat for one hour(probably debating what he came there to do),and then when he was reloading his weapon after the first wave of killings he was pleaded with not to do it only to respond by saying he had to.
                    The relevance of Obama alluding to the history of the AME church coupled with the fact that the pastor was a state senator may very well be The focal point of the unannounced Justice Department investigation.
                    Just what he said about rape and taking back (his) country isn't consistent with the sentiments of a young adult,at that stage their vendettas are usually personal.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                      Deconstructing, however briefly, the media.
                      http://m.democracynow.org/stories/15299
                      As soon as I heard the news of the atrocity...I posted a prediction of how Babylon Media would "frame the story" ...To wit:

* The racial angle would be downplayed (even Obama focused on gun control..rather than White Right Wing Terror

* The White killer would not be demonized...He would be "explained"

* While there would be some reportage...the story would soon be buried....e.g.... I happened (in passing) to see a piece of NBC "News" this am.. They spent the same amount of time covering the tragedy as they did in an interview with that guy Brian Williams and his future as a rehabilitated lying journalist.

In a couple of days the tragedy will be forgotten and we'll know NOTHING of the victims or how their lives have changed. Nor will there be any expose on white racism or their terrorist groups with 10s of thousans of active members

When one knows the nature of The Beast...predicting its responses is a Piece of Cake
                      Last edited by Don1; June 19, 2015, 09:57 PM.
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                        As soon as I heard the news of the atrocity...I posted a prediction of how Babylon Media would "frame the story" ...To wit:

* The racial angle would be downplayed (even Obama focused on gun control..rather than White Right Wing Terror

* The White killer would not be demonized...He would be "explained"

* While there would be some reportage...the story would soon be buried....e.g.... I happened (in passing) to see a piece of NBC "News" this am.. They spent the same amount of time covering the tragedy as they did in an interview with that guy Brian Williams and his future as a rehabilitated lying journalist.

In a couple of days the tragedy will be forgotten and we'll know NOTHING of the victims or how their lives have changed. Nor will there be any expose on white racism or their terrorist groups with 10s of thousans of active members

When one knows the nature of The Beast...predicting its responses is a Piece of Cake
                        At the risk of seeming to apologise for Obama again, I think he did spend considerable time on the racial aspect of the murders. But at the end of the day, we have to realise there will be madmen, racists, terrorists among us and society must do what it can to make it difficult for them to act out their frustrations and evil desires. Evil people, racist or not, have far too easy access to guns in America.

Racists will always be around. But they shouldn't have the ability to take out multiple persons with a gun purchased at Walmart.

Meanwhile, what did you think about Hillary Clinton's response?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Didn't see/hear the Clinton response...Don't really track those things that much
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                          X