Akon: America Was Never Built For Black People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Yes but this is just Akon's opinion so let others develop their own and take advantage if they can, just like Akon.
    You're allowed to develop your argument...is someone stopping you?
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Not me, others, as you can clearly see I have mine, and it is certainly not yours.

It is even copyrighted so you can't steal it.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ok...but yuh safe

I'm not interested in copying shallow ideas

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

The rest is not "up to them". You and HL and others can gwaan think suh.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you made the choice, right? Where you get educated and where you work, and where you live, even if it on a temp basis. I am sure of that. You give people info but let them make their mind up.

It is not all about what I think and that is what you fail to understand. It is not only convenient for you, it maybe for others too.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You think you are making the choices in America?

Gwaan think suh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I made the choice to come to America. I made the choice to live here and earn and get educated. Those are my choices. There are many choices that I do not control, just like in my home country Jamaica. We can discuss further choices if you want.

I will decide when I go back unless they deport me before then. All I am saying is make people make their own choices. You can educate them based on your experience, but let them make their own choices.

Comment

I made the choice to come to America. I made the choice to live here and earn and get educated. Those are my choices. There are many choices that I do not control, just like in my home country Jamaica. We can discuss further choices if you want.

I will decide when I go back unless they deport me before then. All I am saying is make people make their own choices. You can educate them based on your experience, but let them make their own choices.
                  It appears you don't have much of a group identity as a Black person (I assume you're of that persuasion but excuse me if I'm wrong) .... Of course you're entitled to assume whatever identity (or lack thereof) suits you

For my part....It's good to know where our weak links are for when tings get HOT

Not in My Basement atall

Comment

you are excused and PLEASE DON'T TRY THAT AGAIN!!!!

The reality is people are struggling as nation, as families to live in today's world and black people make sacrifice to better themselves, their communities, and nation. Some migrate even to worst places than the US so that they can contribute to their family. Some move as they have no basic security in their homeland, some move so they can return home with better education and wealth and contribute. Don't fool yourself, there are places far worst for black people than America, so while you enjoy your labor in America and the wine and dine, just remember that there is some kid just as bright as you who can't enter a university because they have No Choice, some people who can't feed their family as they have no safety net, and someone running because they heard a gunshot.

People will migrate and try and make it where they think they have a chance, there is no discounting that. Akon have his opinion, at this point he is not dealing with that form of security, hunger, lack of opportunity.
                    Last edited by Assasin; June 18, 2015, 01:19 PM.

Comment

=Assasin;524521]you are excused and PLEASE DON'T TRY THAT AGAIN!!!!
                      LOL!!! So I'm excused???

Hmmm...I asked to be excused if my assumption that you're Black was incorrect (having never seen you )

If you're being logical this means you're not Black. Please confirm.

It appears you may be both Black and illogical. This would not be positive at all

The reality is people are struggling as nation, as families to live in today's world and black people make sacrifice to better themselves, their communities, and nation. Some migrate even to worst places than the US so that they can contribute to their family. Some move as they have no basic security in their homeland, some move so they can return home with better education and wealth and contribute. Don't fool yourself, there are places far worst for black people than America, so while you enjoy your labor in America and the wine and dine, just remember that there is some kid just as bright as you who can't enter a university because they have No Choice, some people who can't feed their family as they have no safety net, and someone running because they heard a gunshot.
                      This is a real tear-jerker

However I was not comparing the life of immigrants in America vs their home country or some other place.

That's a valid subject so feel free to start your own thread on that
                      People will migrate and try and make it where they think they have a chance, there is no discounting that. Akon have his opinion, at this point he is not dealing with that form of security, hunger, lack of opportunity.
                      What Akon or any particular individual is personally facing... is a personal anecdote....and consequently not particularly important when describing a system comprising 10s of millions of people

What he says about that system is an opinion which either has a solid foundation...or not. The validity of that foundation is unrelated to his personal situation

Kindly learn to apply the rules of logic to your argument...you'll attract less criticism
                      Last edited by Don1; June 18, 2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

AKon is an African immigrant himself so go figure. How is it unrelated to his own personal situation???

Unreal.

Comment

AKon is an African immigrant himself so go figure. How is it unrelated to his own personal situation???

Unreal.
                          1. Are you or are you not Black? I'm still uncertain

2. I already explained that Akon's personal situation should not necessarily determine his analysis of a macro issue....if he's a man of logic. I do understand illogical folks having that fallacious base to their argument though.

If you don't understand that point of logic I cannot assist you further. Carry on please

Comment

Unreal.
                            I thought Akon was born in the USA!?? Immigrant to what country?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              I thought Akon was born in the USA!?? Immigrant to what country?!
                              Seems he was born in Senegal

This is of course an irrelevance. His origin and his success would only be used by some as a red herring to detract from the guy's very valid points

Some are programmed to be like that

Comment

I guess he was commenting based on someone else's life story LOL!!!!, Why did you have to tell me where he was born? I knew that already.

Comment

Working...
                                X