No announcement yet.

RUN Donald Runnnnn...!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me some examples of recent billionaires in industry who have made their money by keeping people in poverty. I am sure there are many, especially the corrupt ones, but there are also many who have made billions by helping to making the world a better place.

Walmart has created a model of charging a cheap price for goods produced in Asia, and people love to shop there.

Apple has created a model of charging a premium price for goods produced in Asia, and people love to buy their products.

Explain to me now why Apple is morally superior to Walmart? Because Apple doesn't sell anything that is cheap?
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I am talking about leading corporations,Nike,Walmart,Apple, etc,it is either a HUGE coincidence or more likely getting there has everything to do with their business model.

There is only one difference between Apple and Waltmart(oh by the way,despite buying cheap products and selling them at "affordable price,Walmart is still making phenominal profits),it is Apple pays its workers here fairly decent wages and it is the inverse regarding Walmart.
      Apple made my list only becayse I anticipate using them to raise questions about other corporations that appear to be on the level on the domestic fronts with closets filled with skeletons.

If the leaders are inextricably linked by a paradigm of paying unimaginably low wages whilst reporting unprecedented profits then isn't the sublimibal message that is the way to get there?

Comment

Rockman, Apple in the US employs high skilled and in demand engineers, technicians and designers. If they don't pay them well they will leave and go elsewhere. They outsource the grunt work of assembly , packing and shipping to Foxconn in China . Maybe you should research them.

Walmart employs low skilled/no skilled greeters and shelf stackers.

So Apple sends their low skilled jobs to China, while Walmart employs the low skilled people in the US that Apple does not. Yet in your mind Apple is doing something special in terms of jobs.

Very strange reasoning.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Apple store clerks are paid decent wages,and I am quite aware of Foxconn,boss.

Comment

You mean Apple store clerks are paid a decent wage at the expense of Chinese girls at Foxconn who are on the verge of committing suicide as we speak.

Or are Chinese lives less valuable than American lives?

I suspect most Foxconn employees would see a Walmart job as heaven on earth. Apple doesn't impress me with thier fake branding.

That won't stop me from buying the next ipad though.
            Last edited by Islandman; June 17, 2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Jeb's Campaign Sign

Jeb's campaign sign
              Attached Files

Comment

Lol.

Comment

“[Mexico] are sending people that have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems to us. They are bringing drugs, and bringing crime, and their rapists,” the business mogul said.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...atino-hispanic
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                  X