X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rachel speaks

http://www.msnbc.com/jose-diaz-balar...e-465306691576
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

It is my understanding she was doing a good job. Personally I have no problem with her, but seeing that she lied on a form about her race I figured they wouldn't let it go.

If it is okay for Bruce Jenner to be called a woman, if it was okay for MJ to be white ... why is this woman being persecuted?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

not sorry for her. She bring it on herself. Telling people you are black when you are not would definitely catch up with you.

Now she has to deal with it.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Really scrappy interview,I think the focus should be why she does not identify with the caucasian race!

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          not sorry for her. She bring it on herself. Telling people you are black when you are not would definitely catch up with you.

Now she has to deal with it.
          ... but Bruce Jenner is a hero? Kinda hypocritical isn't it? (Talking generally, not saying you..).
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Sass check yuhself again,she identifies herself as black ,to say she is definetly not is speculative,only she can define her experience,The issue of fibbing about the journey to come to that experience is a different issue.

If she was a white child adopted by an african american or african and she declared herself as african- american or african would you say she definetly is not ?

Jamaica and the carribbean has vast experiences of this,be it by adoption or just cultural upbringing, i have seen white,indian and chinese Jamaicans declare themselves as such, yuh sure as hell naah argue wid dem in Jamaica.

She will have to deal with whatever society throws her way, that you are right about.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Jenner is not the first to do this. Lennox Lewis former promoters did it too.

This the first this has ever happen and you expected it in the news.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                Jenner is not the first to do this. Lennox Lewis former promoters did it too.

This the first this has ever happen and you expected it in the news.

Oh .... so it is because she is the first to do it? okay.

Comment

Yes Lazie, show me where it was done and anyone got caught.

By the 3rd or 4th there will be a little surprise but not that news worthy.

Comment

Is race what you think you are? Is race your upbringing?

We can all be who we are and like ourselves without thinking we are someone else. I have my Puerto Rican friend who chat more Patwa than you and drink more Red Stripe and know a lot about the Jamaican culture. Put him in a crowd of Jamaican and you wouldn't know but does that make him a Jamaican??

I can respect that she identify with black people and may have dealt with the struggle and hopefully helping others but that doesn't make her black.

Is a black child adopted by a white family identify as a white child???

Comment

hero to who?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

interesting perspective.

some interesting facts:

1. her parents adopted black children and this shaped her outlook it seems? why? how did her parents treat those children? I could see where if they were treated patronisingly she might have wanted to stand up for them and to feel their struggle, or even if the community treated them a way within her line of vision;

2. why did she turn her back on her white parents? something is into something.

3. despite the fact of her lying on forms, why did her parents feel to take this extreme act of vindictiveness? they must have known that it would hurt there daughter severely in the public sphere. did they think it would repair the relationship or the estrangement? coulda neva!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Thats a damm good question is race about color ? or culture ?.....I am not in any position to define an individuals experience, know this that once they have embraced that road ,their is a price to pay.

Check yuhself Sass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            hero to who?
                            Haven't you heard in the media that he is a hero? Haven't you heard he will win Arther Ashe Courage Award at the Espy Awards?

Comment

(S)he is not a hero but (s)he also didn't legally misrepresent him/herself in order to get a position. Its a bit different.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X