Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    ..and therein you do not see!
    My position has nothing to do with Obama. The core principle predates Obama.
    That core is, trade among nations is,
    - necessary and it is good;

- actual trade among nations is a relentless process that cannot be stopped. It is the matter of each nation's attempts or bloc of nations' attempts to tweek agreements to best suit self/selves.

Specific to the USA; there are some goods and services whereon the USA cannot compete on production and marketing costs!!!! ...ergo there are some jobs that shall 'fly' from the USA. Just a logical outcome of the current realities.
    What you don't realize Karl (and I've been patient in explaining repeatedly) is that the TPP is far more than merely a trade agreement

It is about the global primacy of US multinationals and their oligarch owners. To me this global business model is obviously & increasingly unsustainable...and its phasing out has to be managed well to avoid a big war. The TPP may increase the chances of that war occurring

Now you may understand this US big power agenda and even be a supporter of that type of hegemony.... No worries wid dat.

But don't misrepresent the issue with the simplistic political/media propaganda the powers that be feed us with...Please

Das all
    Last edited by Don1; June 17, 2015, 01:08 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Don1, if you are repeating what I said before on each party to a treaty acting in self-interest i.e. strive for its own best deal but wrapping it up different wording...what is/your point?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Don1, if you are repeating what I said before on each party to a treaty acting in self-interest i.e. strive for its own best deal but wrapping it up different wording...what is/your point?
        I don't repeat what you say... nor am I saying you're "wrong" in a zero sum way

Your initial argument was not "wrong"....just superficial. I merely dug deeper and uncovered some of the true agendas and objectives behind policy

Most are content with the superficial propaganda or "managed news" they're fed by corporate media. They look no further than that to try to understand the world around them...and it results in being ignorant and "thought controlled." For example, as rich as America is and as "educated" the average American may be...Given a map of the world 9/10 could not locate all the continents...much less individual countries....even less what's going on there

That type of ignorance is what I call being trapped in the Matrix...and it enables people to be easily controlled and accept or ignore bad policy

Das why mi nuh like si dem deh kinda superficial argument 'round mi...yuhzimi??
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
        X