Mother of Washington state NAACP leader says daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother of Washington state NAACP leader says daughter

Mother of Washington state NAACP leader says daughter falsely claimed to be black
    Published June 12, 2015FoxNews.com
    Facebook1172 Twitter437 Email Print

NOW PLAYING
    Mother of NAACP leader claims daughter lied about race
    Controversy erupted around a local NAACP leader in Washington state Thursday after family members told a local newspaper that she had misrepresented herself as black.

Rachel Dolezal is the head of the NAACP's chapter in Spokane and is also a part-time professor in the Africana Studies Program at Eastern Washington University. The Spokane Spokesman-Review says that Dolezal described her ethnicity as white, black, and American Indian in an application to be the volunteer chairwoman of the city's Police Ombudsman Commission, a position to which she was duly appointed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/12...d-to-be-black/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Even jobs ordained for my race are being taken away..

Comment

she needs professional help....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Why?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Ordained by whom? ...or what entity?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

you too!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

How Did White Rachel Dolezal Convince Everyone She Was Black?
              Social media details how she crafted a fake history of growing up as a black girl, which she used to get a position in the NAACP.
              Rachel Dolezal has been living as a black woman for the past ten years—even becoming president of her local NAACP chapter—until her parents revealed that she is in fact white.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...was-black.html

If she thinks she is black, she is black,the psychology behind it is a different paradigm.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

agree on the paradigm. I am more interested in WHY she did it. did it offer her an advantage she did not have before?

I would argue that it placed her at a disadvantage....

Comment

oh come on...she is simply transracial...if yuh support caitlyn you need to support rachel

Comment

Call it reverse bleaching. I doubt she got her position because she was black. Not every black person is a member of the NAACP.

Comment

Depends on what (she) calls advantage,kinda feel she would say it was an advantage to explore he dreams,again in her paradigm.

Comment

I'm sure people around me are wondering if I am going crazy! After reading your reply, I just "buss out a laugh" shattering the silence. I could not help myself. Gamma, yuh terrible!
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

If she indeed lied, then that would be the only problem I would have with her appointment...........If race was the PRIMARY qualification for any position in the NAACP, then the organization needs to seriously reconsider this. Remember that half of those who founded the NAACP were "white".
                          Last edited by USAF; June 12, 2015, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Also, could they have denied her the position because she was white? In thinking about it, I guess they could. If she had applied as Caucasian and was denied because her race, maybe she could not claim racial discrimination as she would not be under the "protected class".

I'm no lawyer, so that is just a layman armed with a little knowledge talking.
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I think it could also depend on where it was.........Some areas could be more accepting than others.

The NAACP is the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and nobody changes color more than "white" people.
                              Last edited by USAF; June 12, 2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X