• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes we can...

...Make things

Did you know that it was a Jamaican who:
    FEB 5
    Posted by Theresa C Givans

Everyone knows that Jamaica is the land of Reggae Musicians and Olympic Sprinters. But fewer people are aware that Jamaica is also home to several notable scientists and inventors. This list introduces just ten of the remarkable creative achievements that Jamaica has produced.

1.Developed the ortanique

2.Developed several breeds of cattle that now thrive in the Tropics

3.Created Canasol, a ganja-based eyedrop for glaucoma treatment

4.Won the Nobel Peace Prize

5.Created the JaipurKnee, an affordable prosthetic knee

6.Was the first person in the Caribbean to create a bio-engineered fruit

7.Discovered the cause of the disease Kwashiorkor

8.Identified the Aedes Aegypti mosquito as the carrier of dengue fever

9.Created a formula that will eliminate prostate cancer

10.Isolated a compound to fight several types of cancer such as melanoma, lung and breast cancer
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

All Jamaican men should be interest in #9
    Now please list that compound as I being from and of JA; I am interested!

btw - Reminding on the others would also be 'nice'!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

I overstand the 1st sentence 100%

Not so sure about 2 & 3
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The ONLY thing lousy about Jamaica is our politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
          I overstand the 1st sentence 100%

Not so sure about 2 & 3

Karl's questions explained.

Understood, no problem.

What product are you referring to that is developed by a Jamaican and is known to cure prostate cancer?
          He would love more info on the other 9 items listed in your list.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Which Jamaican won the Nobel peace prize?

This list is rather suspect.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I disagree. We have produced individuals that have accomplished great things but collectively we have not done well.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The professor from Ghetto U., Anthony Chen. Memba him did work wid Al Gore on climate change or sinting lakka dat?

Why Peace Prize? Cyaan tell yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Oh ok. I remember Gore winning for climate change but really dont remember hearing that a Jamaican was part of the team that shared it with him.

Comment

BAR life me seh.

http://jablogz.com/2015/05/jamaican-...search-patent/
                    Jamaican Scientist Offered Over $11 Billion For Cancer Research Patent

Posted by JA-Blogz News Teamon May 28, 2015Jamaican Scientist Offered Over $11 Billion For Cancer Research Patent2015-05-28T11:10:01+00:00under News/Sports 15 Comments

It’s not uncommon to hear of Jamaicans doing BIG things both locally and internationally.
                    Dr. Lawrence Williams, a research consultant with the Scientific Research Council is certainly one Jamaican who has achieved great things and his hard work and dedication certainly make him worthy of recognition and emulation.
                    Williams obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in 1987, after completing undergraduate studies at the University of the West Indies (UWI) with a major in Zoology and a minor in Chemistry.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

And Ghetto U at dat!

Comment

Working...
                      X