X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American racists stung by Spelling Bee

Racist trolling casts pall over US spelling bee
    AFP By Robert MacPherson

Racist trolling on social media is casting an ugly pall over, of all things, the world's foremost spelling bee.

For seven years in a row, and for 11 of the past 15 years, the $30,000 Scripps National Spelling Bee championship has been won by American youngsters of Indian heritage.

Chances are as good as ever that another one will follow suit at this year's finals Thursday at the Gaylord National convention resort by the Potomac River outside Washington.

They make up one in five of the 285 spellers, aged nine through 15, from all 50 states and seven foreign countries, who ran a gauntlet of local and regional contests to qualify for the big event.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Happens every year.

I dream of the day when there be a story about chlidren of African descent winning these competitions that don't involve a ball
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

She looks of African descent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        Happens every year.

I dream of the day when there be a story about chlidren of African descent winning these competitions that don't involve a ball
        I thought we had gone beyond rote learning and all that 80s stuff?! Who cares if potato has an "e" or not? That's why they have spell check!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Rita was blunt about it in her comment:

Rita

6 minutes ago

Sorry to be a harbinger of bad news but, overall, Americans are idiots. We are more fascinated with Justin Bieber's new tattoo than analyzing The Great Gatsby, understanding the positive and negative consequences of Manifest Destiny, or figuring out the relationship between the Pythagorean Theorem and the quadratic formula. There is also too much teenage dating and other sexual activities going on, all of which are a distraction from getting an education. Preoccupation with social medial is another pitfall. We would rather see the fiftieth picture of Janet's new baby than learn about HTML, C++, Java, and JavaScript to produce our own moneymaking websites.

Furthermore, if an American parent learns that their child is misbehaving in class, the parent is ready to discipline the teacher, not their child. Parents also don't care if their children do their homework well or at all, as long as the kid does not bother them.*

Also, teachers seem more concerned with sleeping with kids than with teaching them. And when a gem of a teacher comes along who wants to push a child to excel, their parents come to the school to complain about the child having too much homework.*

Additionally, teachers, schools, and school districts are more concerned with the graduate to drop out ratio and boosting abysmal grades than the fact that most of their 15-year-old students do not see anything wrong with the following sentence: I wanted to conversate with Lisa about how good she did on her project but she ain't hear me when I called her name. So they pass them along and give them grades they do not deserve and send them on to be college drop outs with loans because of how unprepared they are.

Then you have a country of people who are more than happy to celebrate Miley Cyrus for doing drugs and dancing provocatively, and Kim Kardashian for making a sex tape like a pro. We cannot celebrate ones who make contributions to science, technology, literature, and the arts because we find those topics boring. As for politics, we would rather have others do the thinking for us, so we are happy to jump on the propaganda bandwagon that sounds like the most fun. Then we have children and perpetuate stupidity and laziness.

Lastly, the environment in which our children are raised in leads them to believe that they will have a certain destiny and that they must stick closely to the script. For example, a black boy from the ghetto may be ridiculed for not liking rap music or being interested in having sex at a young age and liking economics, a black girl from the ghetto for not being a teen mother or interested in having oral sex and liking mathematics, a white boy from a college town for not liking sports and preferring to tinker with electronics, a white girl for not being pretty and thin and loving Chemistry class. For example, how many of you had to change your mental image after reading the following sentence: I am a black woman. That proves my point that society expects certain things from certain people, and if a child and their parents are weak-mind individuals they will stick to the script and never reach their true potential.

As you can see, there are a number of reasons why American children cannot hold a candle to children from other nations. The future looks bleak, indeed, or as 18-year-old Jimmy would say, 'It ain't looking good.'

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            I thought we had gone beyond rote learning and all that 80s stuff?! Who cares if potato has an "e" or not? That's why they have spell check!
            lol

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Rita was blunt about it in her comment:

Rita

6 minutes ago

Sorry to be a harbinger of bad news but, overall, Americans are idiots. We are more fascinated with Justin Bieber's new tattoo than analyzing The Great Gatsby, understanding the positive and negative consequences of Manifest Destiny, or figuring out the relationship between the Pythagorean Theorem and the quadratic formula. There is also too much teenage dating and other sexual activities going on, all of which are a distraction from getting an education. Preoccupation with social medial is another pitfall. We would rather see the fiftieth picture of Janet's new baby than learn about HTML, C++, Java, and JavaScript to produce our own moneymaking websites.

Furthermore, if an American parent learns that their child is misbehaving in class, the parent is ready to discipline the teacher, not their child. Parents also don't care if their children do their homework well or at all, as long as the kid does not bother them.*

Also, teachers seem more concerned with sleeping with kids than with teaching them. And when a gem of a teacher comes along who wants to push a child to excel, their parents come to the school to complain about the child having too much homework.*

Additionally, teachers, schools, and school districts are more concerned with the graduate to drop out ratio and boosting abysmal grades than the fact that most of their 15-year-old students do not see anything wrong with the following sentence: I wanted to conversate with Lisa about how good she did on her project but she ain't hear me when I called her name. So they pass them along and give them grades they do not deserve and send them on to be college drop outs with loans because of how unprepared they are.

Then you have a country of people who are more than happy to celebrate Miley Cyrus for doing drugs and dancing provocatively, and Kim Kardashian for making a sex tape like a pro. We cannot celebrate ones who make contributions to science, technology, literature, and the arts because we find those topics boring. As for politics, we would rather have others do the thinking for us, so we are happy to jump on the propaganda bandwagon that sounds like the most fun. Then we have children and perpetuate stupidity and laziness.

Lastly, the environment in which our children are raised in leads them to believe that they will have a certain destiny and that they must stick closely to the script. For example, a black boy from the ghetto may be ridiculed for not liking rap music or being interested in having sex at a young age and liking economics, a black girl from the ghetto for not being a teen mother or interested in having oral sex and liking mathematics, a white boy from a college town for not liking sports and preferring to tinker with electronics, a white girl for not being pretty and thin and loving Chemistry class. For example, how many of you had to change your mental image after reading the following sentence: I am a black woman. That proves my point that society expects certain things from certain people, and if a child and their parents are weak-mind individuals they will stick to the script and never reach their true potential.

As you can see, there are a number of reasons why American children cannot hold a candle to children from other nations. The future looks bleak, indeed, or as 18-year-old Jimmy would say, 'It ain't looking good.'
              Righteous!

Comment

LOL, plus we have Wikipedia fe geography and calculator fe maths. What a waste of time!

OK then. Get back to shooting hoops and running drills!
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

If she is , she probably didn't win.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    Happens every year.

Didn't that Jamaican Jodi Maxwell win it '98 or some where around that time?

Comment

I thought we were in a post racial society in the era of Obama?
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Pythagorean Theorem sounds like a scientific name for hemmoroids.
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Some truths there but overall over the top with some of her points.

Interestingly enough, judging by her comments Rita does not view children of Asian descent as being American either. That is unfortunate. I wonder why not?

Comment

She name "Bettie" not "Beti" http://dict.hinkhoj.com/words/meanin...n-english.html so I'm going with "African American"...
                            Peter R

Comment

Working...
                            X