ah well it goes to show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ah well it goes to show

how some people if they had power how they would manipulate the news. This one never made front page here:

PM's genteel intervention
    published: Thursday | June 14, 2007

THE EDITOR, Sir:
    Now that the air has cleared and the dust has settled on the Bob Woolmer murder investigation, we should take time out to recognise the genteel intervention by Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller.
    In the midst of the controversy and the doubt which hung heavily over the head of the Pakistan team, she took the bold and thoughtful step ofextending to them true Jamaican hospitality in the form o accommodation in Montego Bay, away from the melee which accompanied the investigation at the Pegasus hotel in Kingston.
    She has demonstrated to Jamaica and the world the importance and value of the presumption of innocence and the fact that the legal process should not be conducted driven by rumour, gossip or prejudice or self-aggrandisement.
    I hope the lessons learnt from the Woolmer investigation will be applied across the board in Jamaica to all who come up against the justice system. Since the police have now accepted the opinions of the foreign-based experts, this may be a good time to review all aspects of our forensic investigative procedures.
    I am, etc.,
    JACQUELINE SAMUELS-BROWN Attorney-at-law

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
    how some people if they had power how they would manipulate the news. This one never made front page here:

PM's genteel intervention
    published: Thursday | June 14, 2007

THE EDITOR, Sir:
    Now that the air has cleared and the dust has settled on the Bob Woolmer murder investigation, we should take time out to recognise the genteel intervention by Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller.
    In the midst of the controversy and the doubt which hung heavily over the head of the Pakistan team, she took the bold and thoughtful step ofextending to them true Jamaican hospitality in the form o accommodation in Montego Bay, away from the melee which accompanied the investigation at the Pegasus hotel in Kingston.
    She has demonstrated to Jamaica and the world the importance and value of the presumption of innocence and the fact that the legal process should not be conducted driven by rumour, gossip or prejudice or self-aggrandisement.
    I hope the lessons learnt from the Woolmer investigation will be applied across the board in Jamaica to all who come up against the justice system. Since the police have now accepted the opinions of the foreign-based experts, this may be a good time to review all aspects of our forensic investigative procedures.
    I am, etc.,
    JACQUELINE SAMUELS-BROWN Attorney-at-law

Whats so special about this? Mi know say a mi yuh a talk. Did I post any news article yesterday? If I did I would have posted about what happened in Lethe.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X