• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie I guess I will be your proxy

on this one. I understand; you are very busy. I got you though bra

Gun recovery unit set up by Kingfish
    published: Thursday | June 14, 2007

A special unit has been set up by the Jamaica Constabulary Force to focus on retrieving illegal firearms.
    National Security Minister Dr. Peter Phillips announced yesterday that the special search and investigative unit had been established as part of Operation Kingfish, a highly respected crime-fighting task force.
    Dr. Phillips, making his contribution to the 2007/08 Sectoral Debate in Parliament, said the new unit would focus mainly on "reducing the stock of illegal weapons and ammunition (and) preventing arms trafficking through our ports and along our coastlines".
    Up-to-date intelligence
    Members of the unit had been 'specially vetted', he said, adding that they will have access to 'the most up-to-date intelligence equipment'. These, he explained, include explosive and metal detection technologies, as well as appropriately trained canine resources. It was during her contribution to the Budget Debate in April that Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller announced the Government's intention to establish a special team to go after illegal guns. Dr. Phillips said the new unit's mandate is in keeping with the Prime Minister's announcement.
Working...
X