X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a Plane? Print It

Boeing 3D Prints 20 Thousand Aircraft Parts, and Patents Its Method
    © Flickr/ Canadian Pacific

Multinational aeronautics giant Boeing filed a patent in the US for three-dimensional printed aircraft parts, which they’ve been using on their planes for some time.

The Boeing patent drawing.
    © BOEING/USPTO (PATENT US20150064299)

The US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) published Boeing’s patent application, dated September 2013, this week, in which the company explained the methodology and equipment used for the creation of these 3D parts, Geekwire reported.

Boeing spokesman Nathan Huling confirmed that the company is already using this new approach for their aircrafts. He explained that when 3D production parts need replacing, they use more 3D parts. “We have approximately 300 different part numbers on 10 different aircraft production programs, which amounts to more than 20,000 non-metallic additive manufactured parts that are on vehicles that we have delivered to our customers,” Hulings says.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/science/20150...#ixzz3a9LR2Chx
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

I need a "wing mirror" housing for my car, can I print it? Dem want $500US equivalent at the dealer.... :kissteet:
    Peter R

Comment

Nuh fret...Help is on di wayyyyy!!!!

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      I need a "wing mirror" housing for my car, can I print it? Dem want $500US equivalent at the dealer.... :kissteet:
      Fortunately we're building an app for this: ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING LAB

Should we be blessed by Jah sometime in the near future this is what you would do:

1. Get a sample of the object you wish produced and take a bunch of hi res images of it from ALL angles

2. Email the images to our 3-D Lab located at 189 Old Hope Rd...one of the most famous addresses in the Caribbean

3. There we will use advanced Siemens photogrammetry software to render a 3-D image of your object

4. After selection of the optimal layering material for the object's application (hard plastic in the instant case) we load the 3-D image file in our Makerbot Replicator 1000 printer...the tech presses ENTER

5. ~17 hours later (ok it's a low end machine) your perfectly replicated object is removed from the machine and a quality control inspection is performed.

6. If the job is satisfactory the object is prepared for shipping and a FEDEX pickup is scheduled online...ETA Port of Spain 2 days. Turnaround time from order to delivery @ your premises 3-4 days

7. As an insider your price would be a mere US$125 (S&H not included) Payable in advance

Leadership is in our DNA.... Fervet Opus in Campis
      Last edited by Don1; May 15, 2015, 09:13 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Sound good. Will take a closer look at the website over the weekend
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Peter R, just make sure that an automotive grade plastic is used to create the part. You would be surprised to see that if a material with the correct properties is not selected, in a few months the part will turn brittle and fall apart as a result of exposure to ultraviolet light and general weathering.

There are other considerations too, but I won't get into it right now.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            Peter R, just make sure that an automotive grade plastic is used to create the part. You would be surprised to see that if a material with the correct properties is not selected, in a few months the part will turn brittle and fall apart as a result of exposure to ultraviolet light and general weathering.

There are other considerations too, but I won't get into it right now.
            Yow bass...ow yuh juss ah bax di likkle food outa wi mout suh? Suppose PR nuh mind tun GP... ie Guinea Pig

Comment

ok boss

Comment

I will be looking into the whole robotics thing more closely... I haven't been paying it much mind to be honest, but this 3D printing looks like serious business!
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  I will be looking into the whole robotics thing more closely... I haven't been paying it much mind to be honest, but this 3D printing looks like serious business!
                  Ok boss

Robotics and additive manufacturing are two technologies which are literally changing the world. I think it's important to get our kids ahead of the game on mastering the basics
                  of these and other technologies

Comment

Sorry sar! Just don't people to think that scanning and using technology to replicate a part is all that goes into it. But I will keep my mouth shut so I don't deprive you of "a food" in the future.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                      Sorry sar! Just don't people to think that scanning and using technology to replicate a part is all that goes into it. But I will keep my mouth shut so I don't deprive you of "a food" in the future.
                      pikney dem muss eat a food yes

Comment

Working...
                      X