RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder when we are going to get serious..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder when we are going to get serious..

"In the Bahamas alone, 53 tourism-related projects are in the works valued at $13.6 billion, according to the country's Ministry of Financial Services and Investments. Four new hotels will open in Trinidad and Tobago in the next year, adding nearly 1,000 rooms to the islands' existing supply of 1,500, says Mr. Hepple, the tourism director. In the Turks and Caicos Islands, one of the region's rising destinations, four major luxury hotels have opened or will open in the next couple of years. Development of timeshares, second homes and condo hotels is also booming.

The biggest project in the region is the Ginn Sur Mer resort on Grand Bahama Island. When finished, the resort, part of which will be modeled after the Palace of Versailles, will be 10 miles long and occupy 2,000 acres of land. The developer, Ginn Resorts of Celebration, Fla., is selling parcels of land for individual homes and plans to build 4,000 condominiums and condo hotel rooms. The project will cost $5 billion."

North Coast Highway.. 10 years and counting..

South Coast... Plans...

PNP.. Planning National Party...

Cheerleaders like Karl.. wearing out di Pom-Poms...

Karl say wi get whole heap of investment. I don't have the numbers to show that is crap him talking, so him win.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Karl say wi get whole heap of investment. I don't have the numbers to show that is crap him talking, so him win.
      Nothing is wrong with Cheerleaders.. they serve a purpose.. but games are not won by their prancing and no-one ask them their opinion on the game..

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Just asking - You were (are?) all making a tremendous lot of noise about the toll on the environment the massive development in tourism will have...

...now it is, "there is no ole eap a development"?

Mek up unnuh mine? duh?

btw - the development in Hanover - dollar amounts? the developments in St. James - dollar amounts? the developments in Trelawny - dollar amounts? - the development in the Eastern section of the island - dollar amounts?

...and, where is it we hear that the individual homes in a development have been sold off for U$500,000.00 and upwards a tick?

...then ofcourse there is the highway developments...Ochie through to Negril...the coming Spanish town through to Ochie...and, the section through the Eastern parishes...?

...and, what of the South Coast sections of the highway expansion - of itself noteworthy developments? ...and, has that opening up of these roads encouraged spin-off economic activity...with still more economic activities on-going and on the way?

...any work on improving deliver of water?

...improving the various sewage systems?

...and, there shall be construction works in Health Sector - Hospitals & Health Clinics, the Justice System Sector - Courts and Police Stations...?

...and, modernising of bauxite plants...???

...what is happening in residential housing sector - private sector and government (public sector) - boom on-going for years and years?

...what about building in the commercial sector - rehabbing properties and new construction has been booming for years?

Just asking if anyone sees any 'ole heapa investments'? ...or, ebryting stap braps...ebryting dead ova di las 18 years?

...as mi seh mi jes a hask?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Just asking - You were (are?) all making a tremendous lot of noise about the toll on the environment the massive development in tourism will have...

...now it is, "there is no ole eap a development"?

Mek up unnuh mine? duh?

btw - the development in Hanover - dollar amounts? the developments in St. James - dollar amounts? the developments in Trelawny - dollar amounts? - the development in the Eastern section of the island - dollar amounts?

...and, where is it we hear that the individual homes in a development have been sold off for U$500,000.00 and upwards a tick?

...then ofcourse there is the highway developments...Ochie through to Negril...the coming Spanish town through to Ochie...and, the section through the Eastern parishes...?

...and, what of the South Coast sections of the highway expansion - of itself noteworthy developments? ...and, has that opening up of these roads encouraged spin-off economic activity...with still more economic activities on-going and on the way?

...any work on improving deliver of water?

...improving the various sewage systems?

...and, there shall be construction works in Health Sector - Hospitals & Health Clinics, the Justice System Sector - Courts and Police Stations...?

...and, modernising of bauxite plants...???

...what is happening in residential housing sector - private sector and government (public sector) - boom on-going for years and years?

...what about building in the commercial sector - rehabbing properties and new construction has been booming for years?

Just asking if anyone sees any 'ole heapa investments'? ...or, ebryting stap braps...ebryting dead ova di las 18 years?

...as mi seh mi jes a hask?
          Stop cheering UNDERPERFORMANCE !!!

It does NO-ONE ANY GOOD !

We past the CHEERLEADING..EIDDAH WI GET SERIOUS OR RUN BACK TO HINGLAND SI IF DEM WILL TEK US !

Comment

Yuh ever hear me talk bout environment and tourism? For the record, I don't agree with a lot of what John Maxwell has to say about it. I am for Highway 2000 and I am for Harmony Cove!

That does not mean that I want he whole Cockpit Country to be run over by investors. Where do we draw the line? I dunno, but right now, no one has convinced me that those two projects are immoral or unwise or ill-advised.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Too much apologists in Jamaica. The greatest hindrance to investment is crime and corruption in Jamaica. A bet yuh all those elderly people who are buying retirement homes in Florida, nuff a dem would love to buy a condo in Jamaica.

When we compare ourselves to other territories in the region, we are moving at a snail's pace.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
              X