No announcement yet.

This is what Marcus M. Garvey wrote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suh Jawge,Marcus was bent on doing everything by himself(he wanted NO help from the white man) insomuch that he was against reparation(misinterpreted as handouts),well according to you he must have because he never addressed the issue ,he wanted to go back to Africa because he misses his mamma and pappa( it can't be he had no confidence that the powers that be will ever do the right thing )that he swalowed the bait from a racist because it is means by which to GET help with the boat fare.
    To think that we made him a hero,and he is our most significant for the fact of vast historical records exist..) .
    Silence is consent but if that is attributed to Marcus it becomes somthing totally different.
    We can go back and forth on repatriation and reparation but the thing we can all agree on is Marcus' legacy was about holding the powers that be accountable.
    Last edited by Rockman; May 15, 2015, 07:15 AM.

Comment

IDIOT OF COURSE THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT WORDS ,I EXPLAINED BOTH ,ONE IS TO MAKE AMMENDS BY COMPENSATION,THE OTHER IS A FORM OF!

It doesnt not stipulate how that form should be interpeted ,that is between the two parties to negotiate.When did you become the arbitrator as to what should be excluded,all yuh a penny is the monetary.

I think a light came on for a sec and went off upstairs.The devil would be in the details,you are too simplistic and it shows you are out of your depth, as i said speaking for Garvey.....ridiculous.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

As usual D1 has a different take...

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        We can go back and forth on repatriation and reparation but the thing we can all agree on is Marcus' legacy was about holding the powers that be accountable.
        I'm neither for nor against reparations. On a moral/natural justice level I'm supportive of the concept. I also would want to see a scientific quantification of the losses/damages placed on record.
        On a PRACTICAL level I have zero time for reparations. Why? Babylon naw pay nutten. Babylon does NOTHING without it being in THEIR interest...and paying reparations for slavery would change their (governments') position from currently being broke to TOTALLY BANKRUPT.
        So why would I waste much time with a lost cause? Let those who see the value of it pursue reparations in peace tho

Disagree re the legacy of Marcus. Marcus' primary legacy was the absolute necessity of self-help & self-reliance to assure our progress...not about powers-that-be. That's a cop out to me.
        In effect it's about Africans holding OURSELVES accountable. He believed that this movement to progress could only be achieved by:

1. Self & Group Awareness that we are one African people with a great history as the foundation of human civilization

2. Education is the indispensable base of progress..ESPECIALLY SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY MASTERY

3. We must be entrepreneurial to create & grow wealth that can be preserved and passed on through the generations. Jews are the outstanding example of this

4. Underlying all the above is the imperative to be ORGANIZED, FOCUSED & ACTIVE on our GROUP GOALS...not merely on YAPPIN, pursuing individual achievements or the accumulation of Babylon trinkets produced by others

When we can do the above...EVERYTHING else ah soup.

Unfortunately we have FAILED on every front. Our people are taken up with following the most negative Babylon models we can find... Excessively consuming & inculcating negative Babylon beliefs and practices..then adopting them as our own. Worst of all we pass the negative values on to our children. This ensures intergenerational poverty & scorn.

We're a nation ZOMBIES totally confused, misdirected... and viewed with scorn worldwide.. except as singers, dancers and practitioners of various sports that people beat their chests for.

In short we're seen as either ...entertainers or criminals-to-be. We have worked hard since slavery to earn those labels...and continue to reinforce them by following Babylon fcukery

My personal scorn is for those of us who have been privileged to have education & exposure... Yet all this set can find to do is become Eternal Yappers full of nonsense theories and pseudo-history....but very short on GROUP ACTION. I know them by their profiling..and after a while mi muss bun dem out

Jawge is the archetype of this set for me
        Last edited by Don1; May 15, 2015, 08:16 AM.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Kills Jawge the self reliant Marcus Garvey wanted his exodus to be financed by european government back to Africa, but hey its not liquid cash, i guess if we got 40 acres and a mule we would be OK.

Mi Garvey....lol
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Firstly,I disagree with Jawge on this issue(really thought Rudi was exceptional)but I must admit,this issue is only one of a very few.. that I have a problem with Jawge's views.
            Your post is sound,nevertheless those are reactionary measures ,accountability is at the root in my humble opinion.
            Last edited by Rockman; May 15, 2015, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
              Firstly,I disagree with Jawge on this issue(really thought Rudi was exceptional)but I must admit,this issue is only one of a very few.. that I have a problem with Jawge's views.
              Your post is sound,nevertheless those are reactionary measures ,accountability is at the root in my humble opinion.
              what exactly is "reactionary" in my post?? I don't understand what you mean

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Nothing to do with you per se,what I was alluding to is everything you rightly attributed tio Marcus' legacy is his reaction to holding the powers that be accountable.

Comment

ok boss

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlkxqdjaVac

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3uht6kXaLw

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
                      and remember what peace there may be in silence.
                      As far as possible without surrender
                      be on good terms with all persons.
                      Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
                      and listen to others,
                      even the dull and the ignorant;
                      they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
                      they are vexations to the spirit.
                      If you compare yourself with others,
                      you may become vain and bitter;
                      for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
                      Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
                      it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
                      Exercise caution in your business affairs;
                      for the world is full of trickery.
                      But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
                      many persons strive for high ideals;
                      and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
                      Especially, do not feign affection.
                      Neither be cynical about love;
                      for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
                      it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
                      gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
                      Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
                      But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
                      Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
                      Beyond a wholesome discipline,
                      be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
                      no less than the trees and the stars;
                      you have a right to be here.
                      And whether or not it is clear to you,
                      no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
                      whatever you conceive Him to be,

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gFLvhKv-Lbo

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                        X