No announcement yet.

CHEC mates in more rooms for birth of Highway Economic Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assasin;519530]Guess why we earn 2 billion? Because we have no plan in place and to say tourism only have low skilled workers is false.
    You know what you don't count either, how many Jamaicans worldwide making income from Tourism? I bet that number would be staggering Tourism is the largest employer in Jamaica and if we only had manufacturers, farmers and others working as a unit, we could easily double or triple the amount that is earned from tourism.
    Yes...this is why we're poor...and have been poor for the entire period tourism has been the leading "industry"
    How much is STEM currently making for Jamaica? It is ok to dream but some reality is also needed.
    Yes this why we're not rich....and will remain not rich until STEM is a big part of our system. Juss aks Israel, Singapore, Costa Rica and other more progressive countries

Unnu stuck inna di 1960s...yappin bout tourism cyan lead to prosperity. This is Century 21...A New Age.

A New Age requires New Age Thinking
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

This has nothing to do with why we are poor.

Look on all the rich countries, they both have a triving tourism sector and STEM, Engineering and Manufacturing sectors.

No two way about it. The question to be asked is why we don't have these???
      Last edited by Assasin; May 11, 2015, 10:29 AM.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes ....serious countries do have a tourism sector. It can be a nice side business.

Banana Republics like Jamaica with banana-heads doing the thinking and more banana-heads cheer-leading....place most of their faith in tourism to drive progress

The resultant poverty from that strategy is there for all to see

Time to break the chain of Banana Thinkers

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

"Yes ....serious countries do have a tourism sector. It can be a nice side business"

Stop your foolishness, nobody have Tourism as side business. TOURISM IS SERIOUS BUSINESS WITH SERIOUS MONEY INVOLVED, not because we are not taking advantage.

Where do you make up these things?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_China

Since you always refer to China, good side business eeehh?

Comment

It's posts like these that confirm you have big problems with logic and data interpretation ...not to mention your complete ineptitude with economics

Regrettably...I don't know how to address your nonsense

Comment

"Side business."

LOL!!!!, says a lot about you and your knowledge eeehhh

Comment

Sass...once again... All countries have a tourism business. Given the low barriers to entry (tourism being a very low skill industry) and the natural curiosity of humans...any country can attract visitors. Some do so better than others... like JA for example

Serious, progressive countries (meaning those that produce real value) do NOT maintain tourism as a MAIN business line. You foolishly had some Wikipedia link showing China's tourism earnings at US$45B ... To your way of thinking that's a "big industry". But big is relative. China's GDP is ~US$10 Trillion.... so tourism would be less than 1% of their GDP. I call that a "side business" The lesson: Serious countries generally don't have tourism as a main industry

Tourism is a big business in Jamaica's economy....~17%.... and by far the biggest employer. The low level nature of most tourism employment is obvious...cleaning, food service, gardening, maintenance, reception, taxi drivers & trinket sellers etc-- ~90% of tourism workers.

Nothing is wrong with being a low value add worker striving to step up inna life. I'm not being critical of them. I'm critical of the Banana Heads who make policy...and the Lemmings like you who cheer their stupid actions.

If the country continues to primarily put its stock in low value add industries like tourism (with very low retained earnings because of the massive FX leakage)...we will continue to be poor.

Now you don't have to understand or accept this reality... but ah suh di ting set
                  Last edited by Don1; May 11, 2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

"do NOT maintain tourism as a MAIN business line"

Again that is your biggest lie. Show me the facts to back that up and you can talk, stop making things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      "do NOT maintain tourism as a MAIN business line"

Again that is your biggest lie. Show me the facts to back that up and you can talk, stop making things up.
                      It is not a truth/lie construct...it's an interpretation of data. Consequently I'm not claiming that you're "lying"....just that you are ignorant in the area of economic analysis

My "proof" is established by your own post. You pointed the Bar to China's tourism numbers ...seemingly as your "proof" that tourism is a main business in that country. This of course is more rubbish thinking from you...The tourism earnings number is way less than 1% of the Chinese economy.

Sass ....Google searches can provide good info...but unfortunately Google hasn't figured out how to provide the searcher with the ability to interpret the search results correctly

Comment

Let me explain this to you that tourism means internal and external for China. Tourism has been and will be one of the biggest industry in China.

Comment

http://www.economywatch.com/world-in...ism/china.html

Comment

Macro-Economics 101

Yuteman.... Answer 1 Question: What % of the Chinese economy does tourism represent?????????

Comment

The view from that camera angle is spectacular. I can imagine a hotel or a guest house sitting further inland with a view like this. Building these highways and road networks can only be good for Jamaica's development. The spin-offs for industries in limitless and should not be centered around only tourism. Keep Dunns River lands out of their hands and me good.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Read for yourself. You said it was 1%

Comment

Working...
                                X