• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byles boosts The March of The Termites to Babylon

EPOC wants IMF to grant a waiver on primary surplus shortfall
    BY STEVEN JACKSON Business reporter jacksons@jamaicaobserver.com

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

BYLES... Jamaica should be granted a waiver on the performance of the primary surplus

THE Economic Programme Oversight Committee (EPOC) wants the International Monetary Fund (IMF) team currently in the island to overlook the Government's primary surplus shortfall based on improvements to the macro-economy.

"Jamaica should be granted a waiver on the performance of the primary surplus," asserted Richard Byles, co-chair of EPOC, at his monthly press briefing held at the Sagicor head office in Kingston yesterday.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Simply fix that too IMF!
    They have our Govt by the balls,we do this and you do that ,or else.

Comment

Second waiver in 3 months. They got one on the cutting the public sector and pushing it back a year.

You remember me saying the longer it gets the harder it become? especially when there is no growth, you creating taxes to compensate, the dollar devaluing and you are exporting less. Ah hope we can get it right but as I said years ago the public sector have to be cut but they all don't have the balls to do it. It is simple, no progressive government can maintain that wage bill.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So now you're counting waivers?? LOL! Mi Belly!! Yuh ave sense yute???

What you need to count is the number & quality of Babylon officials lining up behind the JA economic program... starting with Obomber

What you superficial types should overstand is that Babylon desperately needs some success stories in the region...to counter the Chiney advances. That being the case, waiving some of the overly onerous targets is a no-brainer. Consider that a done deal...and look for a few more sweeteners from Obomber

Mi dun tell unnu from bout a year now that the JA economy is turning around. Even someone like you should now see it (because it's now obvious.)
        This is the best positioned JA economy in 25+ years... and the time to invest to get some of that upside is NOW.

Should the trend continue the cost of entry will be significantly higher in a couple of years... because by then the slow-witted Lemmings will all be jumping on the bandwagon. It's only exogenous shocks like a US meltdown or natural disasters that can derail the program...Petah look like im ave di ting locked

Mi nuh waan hear from unnu likkle more dat house price ah yaad "too high" an' di latte & seedless grape dem too hexpensive yuhnuh.

Consider unnuself warned about that increasingly likely possibility

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
          Simply fix that too IMF!
          They have our Govt by the balls,we do this and you do that ,or else.
          Yes....but WE placed them there. Yuh tink Babylon play Dolly House???

What we have to do is play Babylon West vs Babylon East....extracting maximum benefits from both... while being on good terms with all.

That, Rocky, is the secret to the weak getting stronger

JA (and Black People generally) should have no PERMANENT friends...only PERMANENT interests in advancing OURSELVES ...yuhzimi??

Comment

We have been here before. Show me the growth figure and the projection that shows that. We still have a long way to go base on current stats and the problems that lies ahead in the short term.

If there were no waivers we already would have failed one test and now we are seeking another, let us see what the IMF will do and how things pan out. The projection by the government is always 2 percent a year and last year it was somewhere near zero but keep hopes high.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It makes no sense for me to show you anything. You are too superficial in your thinking to apprecilove what I'm speaking about. Added to that you are not friendly with logic nor data analysis & projection.

But keep hope alive same way

Comment

I would love to see your expert stats and data.

Comment

Ok...But the problem is you wouldn't know how to interpret it

One thing you must learn is that JA is in a demand compression & debt reduction program required by its lender of last resort...the IMF. That program is designed for RECOVERY & STABILIZATION... not GROWTH.
                  In that economic environment anyone who expects or worse...demands fast economic growth is an idiot....Just ask the Greeks

This doesn't mean pressure for growth must be eased. What has to occur is that Babylon i.e. IMF must be convinced to change the program to a growth-oriented path which allows more govt. spending on capital projects, more incentives on private investments...and lower energy costs by enabling new generation capacity.

The above takes a comprehensive amendment to the fiscal targets upon which IMF quarterly tests are based...and which GOJ agreed to observe

I believe The Termites are in the process of doing this appeal to Babylon for a change in the IMF program...and the visit of Obama (considering his statements on growth & energy) is a HUGE signal that the program will change... sooner rather than later. The Termites can do VERY LITTLE without a Babylon green light. It seems you're unaware of this

However the business class is aware and is pressing the IMF for a change to a growth path. Now if you follow the media you would be aware that the private sector seems 100% behind the GOJ path....and that investment & business confidence are increasing

You either don't know these things, don't understand their significance...or find it too inconvenient to your Layba narrative for you to post accordingly

Which is it yuteman?
                  Last edited by Don1; May 8, 2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

The problem is all the major projects that is been talked about never seem to come on stream.

The problem is with or without IMF there is huge corruption taking place.

The problem is the little JAMAICAN business man is been squeezed, in this devaluation, tax and lack of foresight so they go out of business, or in survival mode. The current economic stats is overwhelming for many Jamaicans who want to contribute.

As mi say keep hope alive, there is a lot of work to be done, IMF or No IMF.

Comment

Ok...you hug up the problems .... Mek mi concentrate on the solutions

Comment

Working...
                      X