So, bail for the 6 accused cops ranges from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, bail for the 6 accused cops ranges from

$200,000 to $350,000. One was charged with 2nd degree murder.

Meanwhile, the bail for the youth who turned himself in after being sought for smashing in car windows was set at $500,000.

Is this normal?

Source: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I very much expect these officers to get away.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Unless she has a very strong case, they will.

Maybe a special prosecutor isn't a bad idea, given her husbands political connections to the area.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I remember when they held Adidja Palmer for what seems like the better part of 2 years before trial. I thought that was unjust.

Having followed the court proceedings as best I could, I see now they were trying to build an iron-clad case, which I think they did.

That's how they need to approach this. The cops will have the best legal defence money can buy. Baltimore must make sure it does not even matter. Take as long as they need to make sure they prove all the cops guilty!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Agreed.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Check out this interview ...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/alan-ders...y-for-justice/
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

And I generally agree with Dershowitz.

Like I said from the beginning, the whole thing seems rushed. Something like this needs to be approached cautiously, utilising the best legal minds available. Perhaps the officers could be arrested and the charges built slowly and carefully.

Funny that Dershowitz also feels that the prosecutor is looking to higher office. Invariably that's the case and they couldn't give a damn about the case.

For me, it's not looking good and Baltimore is going to explode at the end of the trial.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That young lady is at here purist,she is undiluted and devoid of contamination.My guess is once again greeness will be of no consequence,I give you Obama.

Comment

Most juries never convict cops of wrong doing.
                  Seemed a bit fast to bring the charges to cops.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I think its too early to conclude that it was rushed. I would want to know more about what she has in terms of evidence.

If she does not have anything conclusive she is going to be in big problems, particularly with the murder charge. She and her husband will face serious criticisms and yes, they will likely walk.

I agree with Dershowitz that the murder charge against Zimmerman was light on real evidence, it was a manslaughter case. What we think probably happened and what we can prove are different things.
                    Last edited by Islandman; May 4, 2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Dershowitz is a Foxer , anything african he rails against or a Ghandihist, he supports human rights for his own kind and other rights when its convient for his own, a zionist.Anything he says as Shatta use to say , i look on it with my 3rd eye.He is brillant.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I believe it has everyrhing to do with what changes look like,it can't be like what is slated for change.
                        It had to be someone's negligence that caused the death of Freddie Gray,and he was in state's custody.
                        I heard that affording suspects a bumpy ride in the back of police vans is not unusual for Baltimore Police Department,it is said that is a way of police there injuring suspects without putting a finger on them,in the Gray's case they took it faaaar further,they may as well placed him in a straitjacket ,being shackled but not secured to the bench made him a human rag doll.
                        Last edited by Rockman; May 4, 2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Agreed.
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Didn't conclude anything. Did I?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dershowitz did, and you agree with him, generally.

Comment

Working...
                              X