Pendulum Wave demonstration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pendulum Wave demonstration

The beauty of physics...watch what happens at the halfway point.

CAUTION: High level of nerd content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhMi...ature=youtu.be
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Inneresting! A part of the reason I took a liking for physics from my high school days. I always found it somewhat empowering to understand why things happen and to be able to explain it with science.

Thanks for that one boss.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Ok, so why does this happen?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Stop acting like a nerd,oops I meant normal.

Comment

My big brother is a physicist but I suspect if I ask him,his explanation may as well be greek.
          This is my hunch,every ball has a relation with all the balls,our feeble minds say wow hen we see a pattern but all the sequences are patterns.
          Mosiah,doan blame X!

Comment

Intelligent design.

Comment

I think there is a device at the top that lengthen an reduce each string........
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

As a Munro man, I don't expect a question like that from you. But I guess you think that since I went to STETHS I may not know.

Anyway, since yuh aks.

The period T, which is the time it takes for the pendulum to complete a complete cycle is given by the above formula. If the length of a pendulum L is varied, then the period T will vary.

Hope that you get the drift.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tek time wid him Tilla. Iz Munro I'm guh.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                  X