Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Jamaica like Tourists?

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...maica-tourists
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Good Question!

Good question, ‘Sass. There are so many things wrong with this picture!

The Dominican Republic is already making us look like jokers and, of course, Cuba is waiting in the wings. I keep telling people that we’ll feel the harsh realities of our slackness when Cuba opens up! The Cubans are more disciplined, better educated, and, I suspect, richer in common sense than their Jamaican counterparts.

Comment

The question that he asks has no relevance to his experience. His dilemma is due partly to his own negligence.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yep, he was responsible for his own poor planning.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Still don't make the question mute. Our authorities need to work with people and. Too much screw faces and downright sloppy people on the frontline. I know a few people who said they had very bad experience.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

True, but the question coming from him because he missed his flight and overstayed his visa, has not relevance.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Normally, Germans travelling to Jamaica don't need a visa. But I was
              told that they need one when they stay longer than three months! The extension
              of stay cost J$10,000, and the visa, J$50,000! Perhaps you understand when I
              again ask, does Jamaica like tourists?

When I travelled to China, to Canada, to Russia, never has a visa
              exceeded the equivalent to J$5,000. And Jamaica charges J$50,000!

I have been in Jamaica now 18 times. Jamaica is a wonderful island. The
              people, too, are great. But everything that is 'official' (starting with the
              passport control at the arrival) is very often really unfriendly towards
              visitors. How could this be changed? Who can reach these people behind their
              desks?
              The rate if true seems really high compared to others. The visitors is also talking about officials behavior and I have heard it from others. If we serious about tourist then we have to make things a little easier and match our price with other countries.

Comment

We Are Not Blameless In This

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                The question that he asks has no relevance to his experience. His dilemma is due partly to his own negligence.
                Taken from the letter:

1. But all the desks were closed. There was no one I could ask for information or help. The big hall was like an air-conditioned desert.

2. Normally, Germans travelling to Jamaica don't need a visa. But I was told that they need one when they stay longer than three months! The extension of stay cost J$10,000, and the visa, J$50,000!

3. When I travelled to China, to Canada, to Russia, never has a visa exceeded the equivalent to J$5,000. And Jamaica charges J$50,000!

4. The people, too, are great. But everything that is 'official' (starting with the passport control at the arrival) is very often really unfriendly towards visitors. How could this be changed? Who can reach these people behind their desks?

Comment

But everything that is 'official' (starting with the
                  passport control at the arrival) is very often really unfriendly ...)

TRUE ... the immigration agent dem way too serious. I recall when saying "Welcome home!" as he stamped my passport ... and I was wondering if he was being sarcastic the way him serious.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

There is a feeling from some people in Jamaica that appearing pleasant is unbecoming of their position.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

especially if them have a little corpy or someone in authority.

Comment

Di man too lie ...a 3month Schenghen via is like US100.
                        The regular fee (in Euro)
                          • Airport transit visa 60.00 EUR
                          • Short stay Schengen visa, less than 90 days 60.00 EUR
                          • Long stay visa, more than 90 days 99.00 EUR
                        A 5 year UK visa is like $600!

Jamaica can afford to charge nuff here as the 90 stay is FREE!! Longer than that is $$$ time. We dont get those breaks. Does Germany like tourists? What happen to us if we overstay in Germany? Nuh prison detention? Steeups. Children of a lesser god.

Comment

The longer than 90 stay means you are on a work permit type of setup and that costs $$$ in most countries.

Comment

Red flag syndrome.

LoL

Comment

Different argument this though...

Comment

Working...
                              X