Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Scotch bonnet pepper is not as hot as

...the Trinadad Scorpion pepper.

It's about 1.2 million SHU (Scoville Unit).

Scotch Bonnet about 350,000 SHU
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Scotch bonnet is not even as hot as bird pepper in Jamaica. Scotch bonnet is about flavor, not absolute heat!

Comment

that is reserved for the ghost pepper

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Bought and planted one ghost pepper seedling yesterday. never grew them before.

Still waiting for my scotch bonnet seeds to germinate....

HL

Comment

That is what I was going to say. Yes, bird pepper hot fi true.

BTW, I got tha ting deh. Excuse my manners. As my mother would remind me "that s not the way I grow yuh!".

Thanks
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tell them Willi, flavor it is, the T&T pepper is hotter, but try make jerk seasoning with, but there is a verity of Scotch bonnet, the mauve color that is off the scale.

Comment

BTW, Scotch Bonnet is also very prevalent in Trinidad; more people use it in pepper sauce and to cook with than the Scorpion pepper. They also have one here they call "mudda in law". Scorpion and MIL are for people who have tongues and mouths lined with chain mail.
              Peter R

Comment

HL - a woman gave me one 2 weeks ago, which I am trying to grow. Got to handle it with care.

Another hot pepper is the ghost pepper.
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
                  Tell them Willi, flavor it is, the T&T pepper is hotter, but try make jerk seasoning with, but there is a verity of Scotch bonnet, the mauve color that is off the scale.

You know I have the mauve one on a yearly basis.
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

- Langston Hughes

Comment

So yesterday after a heavy shower of rain...I finally see some seedlings spouting. Yaaaaay,

HL

Comment

Most welcome. My pleasure indeed.

As regarding the bird pepper. If you cut it with a knife, wash the knife twice and dry it and touch said knife blade a day later and rub yuh eye...DAWG NYAM YUH SUPPAH! LoL

Comment

Working...
                        X