Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather Jr. Is An Unrepentant Monster

ESPN's OTL Reminds Us Floyd Mayweather Jr. Is An Unrepentant Monster

Floyd Mayweather's history of misogyny, expressed—as he is wont to do—through violence, is well-documented and reprehensible. It extends over a dozen years and includes at least seven separate physical assaults on five different women that resulted in arrest or citation, as well as several other instances where the police had to be summoned in response to an actual or perceived threat from Mayweather.

Just one month after the Corrales fight, Mayweather got into an argument with Melissa Brim, the mother of Mayweather's daughter, Ayanna, over child support. According to Brim, Mayweather struck her in the face with a car door, pushed her into the car, and then proceeded to repeatedly punch her. That was only the beginning.

In August 2003, Mayweather and several of his associates were at the Ra nightclub at the Luxor in Las Vegas when he encountered Herneatha McGill and Karra Blackburn, who were friends of Josie Harris, the mother of three of Mayweather's children. McGill was aware that Mayweather disliked her and attempted to leave when she saw him coming. Here's how the Las Vegas Sun related her testimony:

McGill testified, Mayweather punched her in the jaw and Blackburn in the head. McGill said she was trying to get away when Mayweather hit her.
    "I fell to the ground," McGill said, "and Karra tried to help, and as she was, Mr. Mayweather hit her as well. After she was hit I helped her up and we ran out of the club."

Koraun told police he had witnessed his father punching and kicking his mother while she lay on the ground. By the time the cops had entered the home, Mayweather had fled, taking Harris's cell phone with him. In a 2013 interview with Yahoo Sports, Harris stated that she believes Mayweather might have killed her that night if Koraun hadn't been able to alert the authorities when he did.

more
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Ever since I saw him berate his father on HBO I've lost all respect for him. I am one that is hoping that he is knocked out in this fight.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Love Mayweather, but cannot condone those things I have read.

He plea bargain a reduced prison sentence about a year or two ago. I thought the prison stay would have straightened him out.

Big money intoxicates (especially ) those who do not have good early family stability.....

I will not be spending $90 something to watch the fight. My barbershop will be getting it by ppv. ..so I will take a six pack of Samuel Adams to share....
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

He will get accused of rape,he hasn't a clue about the existence if that real threat.

Comment

He is thedefiniton of an egomaniac. I have often wondered how he has managed to maximize his earning potential as well as he has. He must have people in his circle doing something right, because from what I have heard he is not very literate.

I don't care for the guy much but I still hope his narcissism doesn't destroy him after the spotlight stops shining.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            He is thedefiniton of an egomaniac. I have often wondered how he has managed to maximize his earning potential as well as he has. He must have people in his circle doing something right, because from what I have heard he is not very literate.

I don't care for the guy much but I still hope his narcissism doesn't destroy him after the spotlight stops shining.
            Why do you care if his narcissism destroys him or not? I couldn't care less! I had my money on Pacquiao from long time. I have even more reasons now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I love Floyd's boxing skills. I had to give him his respects after he destroyed my boy "Sugar" Shane Mosely.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post

The person who keeps the Mayweather empire together is Leonard Ellerbe. I must lift my hat to Ellerne's business acumen.

Here's a rough profile:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...a05_story.html

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  I love Floyd's boxing skills. I had to give him his respects after he destroyed my boy "Sugar" Shane Mosely.
                  For me, it was after he beat Diego Corrales; knew than he was the real deal.

HL

Comment

hmmmm.....his Maths not too good:

He “left a six-figure paying job to come work for me,” Mayweather said. “Could’ve been making $3,000 a month. . . . He worked his way to the top. He’s a multimillionaire now.”
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

He “left a six-figure paying job to come work for me,” Mayweather said. “Could’ve been making $3,000 a month . . . .

is 3 X 12 still 36?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

LOL! Well as long as he keeps the maths real simple he is OK:

Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfJu...=youtu.be&t=29
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Floyd wouldn't be able to pass the old common entrance exam (or qualify to sit it), so you have to focus on high level concepts with him and ignore the details.

Comment

how yuh mean......$36,000.0 nuh six?

Comment

I just don't like seeing people self-destruct even when it seems like they deserve it. I get the feeling his behaviour is an attempt to compensate for other issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X